Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Margaret O'Sullivan Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Margaret O'Sullivan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Margaret O'Sullivan

Margaret O'Sullivan

RP Reward Points : 3

Margaret O'Sullivan Empty
PostSubject: Margaret O'Sullivan   Margaret O'Sullivan EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Margaret O'Sullivan Appgz

Note: This is a canon app

O'Sullivan, Margaret

Margaret O'Sullivan CrwFk

D.O.B: 17 March 1987
      STREET ADDRESS: 108 North Pierce Street
      TOWN/CITY: San Angelo
      STATE: Texas
      HEIGHT: 5'9"
      WEIGHT: 130
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Nothing noticable.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Orderly

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I have worked as a psychiatric orderly at River Crest Hospital in San Angelo, Texas since my graduation three years ago. I feel it is time to move on, and would like to return to my home state.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

When I was a young girl, my sister was committed to a psychiatric facility. Seeing for myself the standards of care at the time, and talking with her, the other patients and the staff gave me a strong desire to help people in her situation, one which has never left me. It still drives me today; I see a little of her in every patient. Working with your team, I can build on my skills, and help those who need it, regardless of circumstance.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I do. I have an associate’s degree in applied psychology, from Angelo State University, in San Angelo, Texas. I have been working as a psychiatric orderly at River Crest Hospital in that city since my graduation three years ago.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I am a very compassionate person. Thanks to my sister, I understand how the patients may feel, and I find I have a talent for calming them down. I have three years of experience working in this position already, and I am more than willing to undergo any training offered to broaden and update my skills.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I've been working in a very similar position for the previous three years, at River Crest Hospital, in Texas.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

As I've said, my most recent employment experience was as a psychiatric orderly at River Crest Hospital here in San Angelo. My job involved working closely with the patients, supervising, assisting and interacting with them every day. I would assist the nursing staff, help the patients with lesser mobility if they needed it, monitor progress, help to calm and if necessary restrain and control the more volatile patients, and ensure that appropriate reports were made, and records maintained.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I am fully qualified, trained and experienced. I have been working in this position for the past three years, and I feel I am a natural at the job.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Caring, Trustworthy, Compassionate, Enduring and Romantic

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

I am a smoker, and in times of stress, I find it helps. It is not always practical, I know. In times where I cannot get away for long enough, I find that a moment to myself, time enough for a drink or even just simple prayer, is calming enough. I find that these methods are effective enough to get me through the day.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

Positive:
Compassionate
Caring
Steadfast

Negative:
I smoke
I can be a little too trusting of my superiors
I can be something of a dreamer at times

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

The last time I saw my sister, we argued. We parted on bad terms, and I never got the chance to reconcile. She took her own life two months later. Given the chance, I would have liked to part on better terms. It's something I've always regretted.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would state my objection and ask them to reconsider. If they insisted, I would go to their superior. If I was again told to complete the task, then i would have no choice but to comply.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would report them at once.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

I will.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Charlestown, West Virginia. We weren't a rich family, but we got by. I was the youngest of three children, my sister being older than me, and my brother the oldest of us. Our father was distamt, but he was caring enough, in his own way. Our mother made up for it though, a more caring person would be impossible to find.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I had plenty of friends growing up, and still do to this day. As for my romantic relationships, it's complicated.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

As I explained, when I was eight my sister was committed. Seeing the level of care she and her fellow patients received inspired me to pursue a career in psychiatric medicine. I hope to qualify as a nurse in the future, but for now I am happy to settle in as an orderly and get together the money a nursing degree will cost.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

I smoke, though not in excess. Half a pack a day is usually my limit.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:
No.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

Margaret's application is, of course, almost entirely fictional. She has left an element of truth in it, however, in reality Maggie was once a nurse at Hallowsgate; until she committed suicide in 1902.

Born in Charlestown in 1877, Maggie was the youngest of three children. Her grandmother had been a nurse during the civil war, a career path that her mother followed, and that Maggie herself trained for to continue the tradition. Her father worked as a schoolteacher, yet had little time for his own children outside of the classroom. Maggie found him a little too free with the cane, and did her best to stay well out of his way, assisting her mother at work from a young age. Her older siblings were not so lucky, and though her brother weathered his rages well enough, her sister had always been fragile. Agatha was committed to a psychiatric hospital at sixteen. Her treatment there, and her suicide two years later, is what inspired Maggie to take up a position at Hallowsgate in the first place.

She proved to be a natural at the job, doing her best to establish herself as a source of comfort to the patients, so far as such a thing was possible at the time. She caught the eye of one of the doctors, Garrett Schaffer, and the two of them began an affair, potentially scandalous given their status. Deeply in love with him, she convinced herself that the threat to his career was why he stayed so cold towards her in public, the thought that he may not feel so strongly about her never entered her mind. He meant the world to her, she dreamed of marriage, of children, of all the things society at the time would never allow the two of them to have. His illness stunned her, his death even more so. How could he be gone? He'd been her rock. Without him, she couldn't go on.

Within days, before events had even begun to sink in, Maggie had made her decision. Getting hold of the poison wasn't a problem, lye was easy enough to come by, and she didn't have to endure the unimaginable agony as it burned through her for long. She died soon after drinking it. The young nurse couldn't have imagined what was in store for her afterwards. Staying at Hallowsgate for the rest of eternity was not at all what she'd expected. To make matters worse, she wasn't even aware of Garetts's continuing presence here. She felt like he was close, but, it's been a hundred and eleven years since she last set eyes on him.

She still loves him.

Though she has been trapped here more than a century, it is rare for Maggie to go back into the ether. She finds it a deeply unpleasant place, cold, foreboding and filled with malice. She prefers to spend her time in the real world, even if she has largely remained invisible. When the hospital closed it's doors, she kept to the female wards, in part for the sake of spirits trapped there with her, and in part to try and keep away from the ether and the much darker spirits within. Now that patients have returned though, she's keen to do some good in the world again. With these modern methods she's having to adjust to, it might even be possible.

Your Nickname: Space
Your Chatango Screen Name: Spacebutler
Your Character's Playby: Jovita Miseviciute
Back to top Go down
Nebby
Admin
Nebby

RP Reward Points : 14

Margaret O'Sullivan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margaret O'Sullivan   Margaret O'Sullivan EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Margaret O'Sullivan Appgz

O'SULLIVAN, MARGARET

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Orderly
    DEPARTMENT: Facility Staff
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. Virgil S. Hennessey
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Rathen House Apt. 9

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down

Margaret O'Sullivan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Staff Files-
Jump to: