Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Rose Lewis Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Rose Lewis Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Rose Lewis Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Rose Lewis Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Rose Lewis Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Rose Lewis Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Rose Lewis Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Rose Lewis Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Rose Lewis Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Rose Lewis Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Rose Lewis Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Rose Lewis Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Rose Lewis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Rose Lewis

Dr. Rose Lewis

RP Reward Points : 38

Rose Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Rose Lewis   Rose Lewis EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 am

Rose Lewis Appgz

Lewis, Rose

Rose Lewis 2cp9hg6

D.O.B: 05/16/1950
      STREET ADDRESS: 219 North Charles Street
      TOWN/CITY: Baltimore
      STATE: MD
      HEIGHT: 5’6
      WEIGHT: 130
      ETHNICITY: Black
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Psychiatrist

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I have been in practice for a number of years, and recently have decided to make a change with my life. I believe that Hallowsgate offers a unique opportunity, as well as a chance for me to offer my own skills to a distinctive institution. Though it has been some time since I worked in a residential institution, I believe my previous experience speaks to my ability.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I have been working in psychiatry for nearly thirty years, and have dealt with numerous types of patients, staff, and administrative positions. I have worked in hospitals, residential facilities, and for a period of time have had my own private practice. My work ethic, as well as my continued enthusiasm and wide range of knowledge make me an ideal candidate for this position.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

• Bachelor of Arts, Psychology—Spelman College, ‘72
• Ph.D.—Johns Hopkins University, Department of Psychology, ‘76
• M.D.—Boston University, ‘80
• Board Certified in Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, ‘81
• Medical license, state of Maryland, (renewed) ‘12

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I have also been active in a number of societies and have been active (less so in recent years) in research. I’ve also served as a Psychiatric Consultant, worked in private practice, and with a number of different populations.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I worked at Adventist Behavioral Health center in Rockville, MD. This provided inpatient and outpatient services to child, adolescent, and geriatric patients in need of psychiatric care.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

2008 – 2012 Private Practice, Adult Psychiatry, Baltimore, MD: For the past four years I have worked with a small staff serving the Baltimore community. I primarily saw patients experiencing mild distress and with a number of diagnoses.
2006 – 2008 Towson University, Assistant Professor: For two years I served as an assistant professor in the department of Psychology.
2000 – 2006 Adventist Behavior Health center, Outpatient care: I provided psychiatric consultation to a number of patients.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I don’t believe that I should have any issues assimilating into the staff at Hallowsgate. I have a wide array of experiences and am more than willing to share them with fellow staff members. I believe that my well rounded background and extensive experience will prove an asset in almost any situation.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Confident, passionate, open, ambitious, and free.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

I like to crochet, drink tea, and go on long walks to clear my head. I find exercise gets my mind clearer than anything else, and living out in the countryside would probably afford a number of opportunities to do so. In terms of success, well, I’m still in the world of psychiatry so I guess it hasn’t driven me off just yet.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

• Headstrong—I have a tendency to see things very linearly and can be a little hard to move from a position.
• Confrontational—I do better with staff that are willing to talk out their differences than be passive-aggressive.
• Prideful—I take a lot of pride in my work, and this can rub some the wrong way.

• Compassionate—I would never judge someone without taking a walk in their shoes.
• Motivated—If I want something done, I get it done.
• Decisive—I do well deciding in emergency situations.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

Part of me wishes that I had tried harder to become an academic earlier in life. When I tried a few years ago it was too late of a start, and working at the college just left me with a bad taste in my mouth (and my contract wasn’t renewed, either).

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would explain to them why I was opposed and check within the rules of my own contract—as well as the institution—to be sure that there was no law breaking or unethical treatment occurring. Above all I have a respect for the law and the oath that I took as a medical professional. If that means that I have to walk out of a job because of the way someone is treating patients or how I am asked to treat them, so be it.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would have to follow the proper procedures, and in my experience this usually results in a warning before dismissal. As I stated before, I readily speak to those that I take issue with, so this would not come as a surprise. Further, I don’t have time for those that are going to endanger the safety of any patients or staff.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Baltimore, Maryland. It was an interesting time—civil rights in full swing, the world changing, women getting educations and being allowed to do things we never thought possible. My mother was a nurse and my father owned a grocery store, so we did well in comparison to a number of people. They always encouraged me and my brother to go as far with our educations as possible. I was always more of an egg-head anyway in comparison to my peers, and so I took that to heart. I got out of Baltimore and earned a scholarship to Spelman, where I surrounded myself with a number of highly motivated women. They showed me I could be anything that I wanted, and after taking the time to realize that I wanted to learn how people thought, studied psychology.

Things were a little different back then, behaviorism was still pretty big. I graduated near the top of my class and my professors convinced me to go on for my Ph.D. I moved back to Maryland after getting accepted to Johns Hopkins—you can imagine the pride my mother and father had. They were worried though that I wasn’t getting married right at the age of twenty-two, but I told them all that could wait. When I built myself up and had my own practice, or better, worked in some prestigious lab at some university I could afford to find my own husband.

I wasn’t satisfied just in learning psychology, though. I got more interested in medicine, and learning how to take care of patients more than just giving therapy or doing research. So I applied to Boston University—and finished out my time there earning my medical doctorate. It was still a very different place back then. The 80s for a woman with a medical degree (or even PhD) was still a small community. It was a lot of hard work but I grew into it—of course, I did have the help of a certain gentleman I met in Boston. I got married in 1984 to Charles, and the two of us started to make a life together. The rest I guess you could say is history, in my resume.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I wasn’t much of a social creature until college. I joined a sorority and soon learned that I could be motivated and ambitious without having to hide behind a set of books or speak softly. I was such an awkward thing back then it’s hard to imagine. But I grew up, I suppose, and got to become more outspoken. I had plenty of friends at that time, it wasn’t hard going to an all-women’s school. Things got a little tougher moving back to Maryland, and tougher still in Boston. I butted heads a lot with my peers, and often felt like I was pushed out of positions for being as outspoken as I was.

I guess I got better at it after graduating and starting work after my residency. My husband played a big part too. I’m still as outspoken as ever, but I’ve learned that there are times to hold back my tongue and when to be decisive. I’m still learning, though.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

I’ve been fascinated with how people think since I was a little girl. And that I got to combine that with helping people recover and get better? Well, that seemed like a no-brainer. Not to mention that it was a particular challenge going into psychiatry at that time… and I am always up for a challenge.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

Never.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

((Remember, if you put all their back story as a secret, we won't be able to admit them to Hallowsgate! This section is for secrets only, not the entire character history. We need most of the info in the main app so we can process it!))

Rose has just recently come out of a nasty divorce from her husband as well as a bankruptcy. After her husband made a series of poor financial decisions, as well as had his medical license removed (for sleeping with a patient), he publically humiliated Rose by not only leaving her for said patient but also getting this woman pregnant (she was twenty-five years her junior). Rose supposes she had the last laugh—as their divorce was finalized, Charles had a heart attack and died. This did, however, leave Rose with an enormous amount of debt, meaning that she was forced into bankruptcy and to close her expensive practice.

Incredibly prideful, Rose will never tell anyone that doesn’t know her that she lost her practice and her husband. If asked she will state that she is making a “fresh start” after parting ways with her husband. If pressed further she will shut down completely and change the subject. Her recent past is an incredibly sore subject and she often glosses over it as best as she can.

Your Nickname: Luke
Your Chatango Screen Name: Lukerson
Your Character's Playby: Phylicia Rashad
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

RP Reward Points : 8

Rose Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Lewis   Rose Lewis EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 am

Rose Lewis Appgz

LEWIS, ROSE

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Psychiatrist
    DEPARTMENT: Psychiatric
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. Benjamin Graham
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Clairvaux House Apt. 4

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://hallowsgate.forumotion.com

Rose Lewis
Page 1 of 1