Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Tobias Phelps Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Tobias Phelps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobias Phelps

Tobias Phelps

RP Reward Points : 74

Tobias Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Tobias Phelps   Tobias Phelps EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Tobias Phelps Logoeyf

Phelps, Tobias

Tobias Phelps RHjby  

D.O.B: 06/03/1984
      STREET ADDRESS: 7385 River Road
      TOWN/CITY: Roanoke
      STATE: VA
      HEIGHT: 6’3”
      WEIGHT: 156 lbs
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: One surgical scar on his chest due to open heart surgery at the age of 4 to fix a congenital ventricular septum defect.  

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Currently, I am applying for the Charge Nurse position.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I am applying for this job for various reasons; the obvious is I am looking for employment opportunities that will expand my horizons, as psychiatric medicine, in comparison, is a fairly new field.  

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I believe I am the best candidate for the job as I can offer compassion and understanding to each patient while keeping a professionalism approach that can be respected.  I also offer knowledge from my past experiences in both my personal life and the nursing field to assist any problems that may arise.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I received my BSN in Nursing from the University of Virginia.  I received my nursing credentials from the American Nursing Credential Center, and for the past year I have worked as a charge nurse for the Level 1 Trauma Center in Carilion Clinic in Roanoke , VA.  

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I speak Spanish fluently. I also work well with computers.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I have worked in a hospital setting for four years, however, this will be my first psychiatric working environment.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

Most recently, I worked as a floor nurse for the Level 1 Trauma Center in Carilion Clinic in Virginia.  For the past year, I worked as the charge nurse for the trauma center, in which I assisted with budget and care plans for the unit.  I also assisted with senior nurses in handling dire emergencies.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I believe my previous experiences and education will benefit Hallowsgate.  The high stress level of my most recent employment has taught me to keep a cool head under stress and pressure, as well as learning to handle situations in an orderly and professional matter.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Professional, honest, stoic, intelligent, and resourceful.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

Physical activity such as running to release steam.  Also, I smoke.  That works a great deal.  Physical activity allows me to release anger, and stress.  Smoking calms my nerves.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

Negative:

• Guarded
  • Stubborn or Adament
  • Callous

Positive:

• Determined
  • Hard-working
  • Sympathetic with a side of professionalism

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

My mother marrying Jackson.  It rather screwed us all up; his moral compass apparently malfunctioned.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would question the importance of the task, and if it is deemed necessary for the greater good, then I would complete this task.  However, if it were unnecessary, I will blatantly refuse, come what may.  Morals are all that a man has in this life, and should I deny my moral compass, I am denying myself

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would immediately report them with evidence to my claim, and expect disciplinary action on those involved.  

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Roanoke, VA, on a dirt road out in the middle of no where, to be honest.  My father bolted when I was about 7, and I was raised by my mother and my stepfather.  I had two younger half siblings born after my mother married Jackson. I attended public school throughout my educational career, and made fairly decent grades, considering.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I had very few friends growing up, and my relationships, sexual, emotional, and platonic, were all short lived.  I had several childhood friends before my mother married Jackson, however due to Jackson's past, my friends were slowly pulled away from me by their mothers.  

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

The medical field was a more viable option for me over farming or going to work construction.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

I have never been a member of the armed forces or been apart of law enforcement.  Quite frankly, I prefer not to be shot at.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

I smoke regularly, and have the occasional drink.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

I have not been convicted of a crime.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

((Remember, if you put all their back story as a secret, we won't be able to admit them to Hallowsgate! This section is for secrets only, not the entire character history. We need most of the info in the main app so we can process it!))

Tobias was always a rather quiet child making him an easy target for bullies. Because of this, he is rather distrusting of people and guards himself well. He tends to keep people at arms length, and at a friendship level to protect himself.  

Jackson was not a good addition for the Phelps home, and proved to be a rather rough man to live with.

Tobias is very…not necessarily secretive, but he leaves out important details of his past.  Unless probed, he will keep things at a professional level with all, and will not indulge.  His stepfather was not the most moral man, which leads to believe that Tobias's bit on morals is horse shit.  His stepfather blatantly reminded Tobias that he was not his son, and would never be, and that his mother would not question dropping Tobias off at a boy's home should he become a problem of any sort.  Tobias was beaten once at the age of 14, in which Jackson beat him with the buckle of his belt telling Tobias it was for his own good. Tobias retaliated by pinning Jackson to the bed in his sleep with a knife to his throat, saying it was for "the greater good to off you here and now."  However Tobias could not go through with it, his own moral compass getting the better of him.  Jackson implored his mother to send Jackson to a boy's home, however, his mother sent him to live with his grandparents.  The incident with Jackson and Tobias was never reported.  

Tobias' stoicism has proved a problem in his past relationships, both platonic and intimate. He does, however, show affection in a passive and fleeting way. While people see him as cold and elusive, he is in fact an emotional man when provided the right company and the right circumstances. He simply believes emotion is a sign of weakness, a trait he learned while in school and around Jackson.

There is a lot more to Tobias than what is written, pertaining to his emotional state. I found it would be harder to write out everything pertaining to him, than simply touching base on parts and letting him grow in character.

Your Nickname: Havoc
Your Chatango Screen Name: Hollowedhavoc
Your Character's Playby: Rob Moore
Back to top Go down
Nebby
Admin
Nebby

RP Reward Points : 14

Tobias Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tobias Phelps   Tobias Phelps EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Tobias Phelps Approvedk

PHELPS, TOBIAS

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Charge Nurse
    DEPARTMENT: Medical
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. Josefina Lim
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Rathen House Apt 12

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down

Tobias Phelps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Staff Files-
Jump to: