Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Quincy "Quinn" Randall Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Quincy "Quinn" Randall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Quincy Randall

Quincy Randall

RP Reward Points : 14

Quincy "Quinn" Randall Empty
PostSubject: Quincy "Quinn" Randall   Quincy "Quinn" Randall EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Quincy "Quinn" Randall Appgz

Randall, Quincy "Quinn"

Quincy "Quinn" Randall Ezra1jpg

Supplemental information will be provided by myself, Dr. Reginald F. Thiessen, Mr. Randall's presiding psychiatrist.

D.O.B: 20/04/1993
      STREET ADDRESS: Bellevue Mental Health Clinic, 1410 Bellevue Drive
      TOWN/CITY: Cleveland
      STATE: Ohio
      HEIGHT: 5'11"
      WEIGHT: 140 lbs.
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Patient has several faint self-inflicted scars on his arms, both inner and outer.

Do you have any ongoing medical issues for which you require treatment or medication?:

N/A.

Are you aware of any allergies? If so, please list allergy, age of onset and any medications or treatments you require or recieve:

None noted.

Have you had any surgeries or invasive procedures in the past? If yes, please list reason and approximate age of procedure:

Patient had all four wisdom teeth removed on-site a year ago.

Do you take any medications or supplements daily? Do you follow any treatment plans? Please list medications or treatments, and reasons below:

N/A.

Do you use tobacco, consume alcohol, or use any other drugs including street drugs and/or prescription medications not prescribed to you? If yes, please list number of packs a day, number of drinks a day, and/or drugs consumed below:

No. I'm not interested in any of those things. I only smoke to keep the cravings at bay, around 5 cigarettes a day.

Please describe, to the best of your ability, your emotional and mental state of wellbeing:

I'm not entirely comfortable with the way I feel. Most notably, I have cravings for blood that have persisted for years. They turn me into a lustful creature. I cannot experience them without some measure of sexual arousal, which can be quite inconvenient. There is no escape from them, no lasting distraction. Only cigarettes keep them at bay sometimes, but the relief is temporary. With the way I love, so ardently and intensely, I'm afraid I might be driven to hurt somebody someday. I don't trust myself completely. I would like to learn how to be normal, but I don't know any other way to be. Sometimes I enjoy it - the hunt, the chase, the thrill of it all, but when I come to my senses I'm deeply disturbed by how I've behaved and what I've done. I'm a creature driven by uncontrollable impulses. If I can control them, I'd like to know how. Nothing's worked yet.

Quincy, or Quinn, as he refers to be called, expresses distress (which I don't believe is always genuine) over his cravings for blood, inextricably linked with his sexuality, and a strong emotional and sexual attraction to other individuals that often deviates into obsession. They are not mutually exclusive. He cannot explain where these desires and impulses come from, but feels them all the same. At other times he relishes in and even indulges them, and will stop at nothing to achieve some form of relief. The relief, naturally, is only temporary. He is not purposely malicious, but often doesn't realize when he is being manipulative to achieve his own ends. Quinn is not afraid to tell others what they want to hear in order to get them to cooperate with him and give him something he wants.

Have you been diagnosed with any psychiatric or psychological ailments? Please list any diagnoses below, and the treatments or medications prescribed to you. Please include name of medications, dosage, and number of doses per day:

I have diagnosed Quinn with Clinical Vampirism (Blood Fetish/Paraphilia) and Obsessive Love. The sight, smell, taste, and even the mere thought of blood are all triggers for sexual arousal. He is also a deliberate self-harmer. If given the chance to self-harm, he will do so as a means to satisfying his blood fetish in lieu of others doing it for him. He does not have to care for someone to crave their blood, but when infatuated with an individual, regards the act of drinking from them as the utmost form of intimacy.

Have you ever been hospitalised or referred to regular outpatient care due to these ailments or associated incidents? If so, please note where, and at roughly what age:

Quinn has been living with us at Bellevue since he was expelled from his school two years ago, at the age of 17. He was to graduate in the same year, but a restraining order taken out by one of his fellow students made it important that he seek some kind of help that could not be provided in a normal school setting. He was remanded to our facility for specialized care and has since earned his GED here. I am referring Quinn to Hallowsgate in the hopes that a smaller facility can see to his needs better and keep him under closer supervision. Quinn is currently infatuated with a young woman named Nanette, who has been a patient with us for six months. Nanette has Bipolar Disorder and cannot seem to decide for a certainty whether or not she likes Quinn's attentions, but it is proving distracting to her treatment. Quinn's pursuit of the young lady has been relentless, and I feel it would be best for him to move on to another facility. It's beginning to make the other patients uncomfortable. Several complaints have been made about him, particularly his tendency to be overly friendly. He often tries to coerce other patients into bleeding for him so he can consume it, mostly going after the depressives and self-harmers. I believe he feels they are the easiest targets. He fails to realize that his advances are unwanted, or else refuses to believe it. He has admitted that he's been able to get away with it a few times without being caught.

How have these ailments affected you and your life? Are there any major life instances you feel have been directly affected by these ailments, such as suicide attempts, criminal activities, etc?:

Quinn cannot have a normal life or normal relationships until he conquers his blood cravings and learns how to exhibit appropriate feelings for his peers. Douglas, the young man who took a restraining order out against him, was a subject of unwanted advances and attentions from Quinn. He was asked to cease and desist his pursuit of the young man several times before Douglas and his parents finally filed the order, seeing no other choice. Previous attempts at counseling and other forms of discouragement/reprimand failed to work before this measure was taken.

What is your social life like? Do you have many friends or relationships? How are your family relationships?:

It could be better. Doug didn't understand how much I loved him. All I was trying to do was make him understand. I left him notes and gifts, but from the way he reacted, you would have thought I'd left a rotting animal carcass in his locker instead. I wanted to be with him, to be close to him. Maybe I was mistaken to think I could seduce him with words and gifts, but I thought he'd appreciate it. I hate to think that I might have overestimated him. I thought he was special. All I wanted was to make him see that so that we could be together. It's the same with Nanette. She's beautiful, almost faerie-like. I'm not even sure she's of this world, but she's very hot and cold. Some days she blooms like a flower at my compliments, and others she shrinks from them as if I were a monster to be recoiled from. I wish she would succumb to me, because I'd give her the world if I could. All I ask in return is a taste of her. I know it's wrong, but I want it. I need it. I hear from my family often. I've always had a good relationship with my parents - they understand me better than anyone else, and only sent me to Bellevue because they had to.

Quinn is a friendly, spirited young man and generally gets along with the other patients when he isn't attempting to prey on them. Most don't trust him, but he has a handful of friends and hears from his parents often. He believes his relationship with Nanette to be more intimate and personal than it actually is.

Do you believe your life circumstances have contributed to any ailments? If so, what circumstances, and why do you feel they have contributed?:

I don't know. My mother named me after the character in Bram Stoker's Dracula, so maybe knowing that affected me more than I realized. I know I'm not a vampire, and that such creatures don't exist, but I've always been fascinated by the mythology of them. They're quite dark and seductive, and there's something about the act of blood-drinking I find highly erotic. I think I've always felt this way, and only started putting it into practice when I was old enough to understand what it meant for me and how it related to what was happening to my body by the time I came into my adolescence. Maybe I've just ready too many books.

Though Quinn does not suffer the delusion that he is a vampire, he relates to the archetype of the creature, something we are trying to discourage. He believes them to be romantic and seductive and prides himself on sharing those qualities. He seems to ignore the fact that vampires are also dangerous, monstrous creatures, insisting he isn't the same and that there's no harm in his enjoyment of those kinds of stories. I beg to differ and believe he should be kept away from the influence of such literature, as the ideas expressed within only consume him. It gives him a reason to feel that what he is doing doesn't need to be stopped and that he can find a way to live with it. He needs to let go of such notions and be firmly committed to his recovery, lest he run the risk of hurting someone and find himself unable to live a normal life with physical violence on his record and his conscience. And that's not even considering the multitude of health risks he faces if he continues down this same road, as he's admitted to drinking the blood of several individuals who have agreed to it in the past. He's lucky he's made it this far without catching any blood-borne diseases. His youth makes him feel as if he is invincible.

If you could change one past event that has happened to you, what would it be, and why?:

I suppose I would change the approach I took with Doug. When I'm enamored with someone, sometimes I just don't think things through before I do them. All I can think of is being with them at any cost, and it makes me behave in slightly mad ways. If I had taken a more delicate approach, maybe he would have loved me back instead of rejecting me over and over again. I wish I had never had to leave Paris. Moving from France to the United States was a difficult adjustment and I don't believe I'll ever feel entirely at home here. If we had never left, I probably wouldn't be this way.

Do you wish to rehabilitate from your ailment(s)? If so, how do you feel this would best be accomplished?:

For the most part, yes. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong in loving too much, but I guess I need to learn how to tone it down and not scare people off. My thirst for blood is troublesome and doesn't help matters. I honestly don't know what will work short of going back to Paris, before all of this started, but I don't want to leave my parents. They're happy here and I wouldn't wish to be very far from them. They're the only people in my life who really care for me.

Where did you grow up? Please list the location(s) and describe what it was like growing up there:

I grew up in Paris with my parents. I loved it. My father is Parisian, my mother American. He was in Los Angeles for work when they met at an art showing at a gallery downtown. Both are artists and were proudly displaying their work that night. It didn't take long for them to fall in love. She returned with him to Paris, where they got married and had me. When my mother got offered a job managing a private art gallery in Cleveland, we moved back to the United States. I was 12 years old and didn't want to leave France, so I didn't take it well. It was difficult to make friends and I overcompensated by finding companionship in books - stories championing the outsider and the outcasts of society, including the vampire - and soothing my soul with poetry. I began people-watching. I started doing it a lot, and found little things to fall in love with about people. I guess that was the beginning of the obsessive tendencies I have now. I really don't think I'm all that bad though. I'm appreciative and I'm a lover, but I'm not dangerous. I wouldn't hurt anyone, not deliberately, not if they didn't want it. I guess the problem is that I don't feel as if I'm in control of myself at all times, so I might end up doing it anyway.

What was your family life like? Did you spend much time with your parents? Do you have any siblings? If so, what are your relationships like?:

My family life was great. I was an only child. My parents, like I said, are both artists and did a lot of freelance work, mostly paintings and pottery pieces. I'd help them sell their paintings on the streets of Paris some days, when I didn't have to be in school. There was no better time in my life.

What was school like? Did you have any problems? Did you enjoy school? What were your grades like?:

I did well both before and after moving back to the States, getting good marks. But whereas as I had a lot of friends in France, kids in Cleveland thought I was weird and made fun of my accent, except for the freaks. I speak French and English fluently, so I've always been able to switch back and forth between the two with ease. The accent faded as I grew accustomed to my new surroundings, but I still had a stigma attached to me for being the weird foreign kid. Because I didn't have many friends, I had a tendency to admire others from afar and spent a lot of time lost in books and my own head. I worked up my courage to try and get my crushes to notice me little by little. It started out as a pure and innocent thing, and in ways it still is, but my need for blood and the sexual gratification it brings complicates things. It gives me another motive for wanting to get close to people. Anyway, I started out leaving anonymous notes in the lockers of my crushes until I got a little bolder. Most of the time I was just laughed off or rejected, but I didn't want to take no for an answer with Doug. Considering what happened with him, we can all see how well that turned out. The whole thing was pretty bad. I should have learned from it, but I don't think I'm any better now than I was then. It's just so hard to control the way I feel, and I really want someone to love. I always think the next person to come along and steal my heart is going to feel the same and be "the one", but it never turns out that way.

Did you engage in any extracurricular activities, such as academic, artistic, or sporting clubs?:

No. I was always too eager to get home to help my parents out with the latest project they were working on. I'm not as artistically inclined as they are, but I appreciate art of all mediums. I especially enjoy writing and seem to excel in that. I had a few poems and short stories published in the school newspaper. No one really noticed except for my teachers, who always encouraged me to make good use of my talents. I spent a lot of time in the library, reading the work of the Victorians and Romantics and occasionally working on extra credit assignments.

What was work like? Did you have any problems? Did you enjoy your work? What were your coworker relationships like?:

I've never worked.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime or misdemeanour? If yes, please explain, list conviction, and list any sentences associated with convictions:

No.

Lastly, please tell us about yourself. How do you feel about yourself and what you have done with your life? If you have committed crimes, how do you feel about those now? What are your hopes for the future?:

I should have done more by now. I earned my GED, but I should be in college, traveling overseas, gaining life experience. Instead, I'm being denied those things. I want to get better, but I guess I'm kind of bitter about being here too. I'm not sure that I need to be, but everyone else feels differently and thinks this is better for me. What if I'm never normal? Is it a crime to be a little eccentric? I want to move back to Paris and write novels and fall in love with someone who will love me back. Why doesn't anyone ever love me back?

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

Quinn is romantic... maybe a little too romantic, and often quite eloquent in both speech and writing. Even if his behavior isn't always appropriate, he likes to think of himself as being rather elegant, educated, seductive, charming, and gentlemanly, something that is reflected in his grooming and choice of clothing. Quinn doesn't actually feel all that bad about how he feels, behaves, and what he wants unless it results in someone getting hurt - only then is he genuinely remorseful for his actions. He's not a pathological liar, but he's not afraid to tell anyone what he thinks they want to hear if it means he has a better chance of being released from inpatient care. Unfortunately, he's all talk and no action, often failing to follow through on what he promises in therapy sessions. This makes him relatively transparent to authority figures.

Quinn has trouble taking responsibility for his actions and would rather feign innocence when everyone knows all too well that he isn't. Sexually and romantically, he has no fixed gender preference. He will become involved sexually with anyone willing to meet his needs, but tends to fixate romantically on one individual at a time. All in all, he's quite a complex and changeable character, a generally upbeat and congenial young man with irrepressible and roguish tendencies when going after something - or someone - he wants.

Your Nickname: Zillah
Your Chatango Screen Name: zephyr13
Your Character's Playby: Ezra Miller
Back to top Go down
Nebby
Admin
Nebby

RP Reward Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Quincy "Quinn" Randall   Quincy "Quinn" Randall EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 am

Quincy "Quinn" Randall Appgz

RANDALL, QUINCY

DIAGNOSIS(ES): Sexual Paraphilia (Vampirism), Obsessive Love
    WARD: Male
    DORMITORY: 06
    BED: 02
    THERAPIST: Dr. Rose Lewis

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Anita Forrester

Dr. Anita Forrester

RP Reward Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Quincy "Quinn" Randall   Quincy "Quinn" Randall EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 am

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 12/01/12
    Attending: Dr. Rose Lewis
    Session With: Dr. Anita Forrester
    Session: Group Therapy

Therapy Notes: In today's session, the topic was positive and negative emotions, and the patient's experience with each. I had them write down both the most positive and negative emotion they experience and mix them in with a few emotions I added myself. They were then asked to draw out a slip, and describe their experience with whatever was written on the slip. Rather than have them draw one positive and one negative, I left it to chance what they would get, as I am interested in hearing about all emotions they feel and how they affect them.

Quincy, or Quinn as he introduced himself, was pleasant throughout the session, even though there seemed to be an issue with another patient, Joleen, part of the way through. He took his seat quietly, but seemed to be up in spirits, and when asked where he was from he replied that's he'd arrived a few days before from Cleveland. The first word he chose was 'Desire' and since Quincy's desires are what have him at Hallowsgate, I was very interested in hearing his reply. He said that desire makes up his whole existence, that he couldn't name all his experiences with it. He ended with "I constantly want something." While not specifically naming blood or sex as his desires, I suspect it is what he's referring to, but I did not press the subject. I did follow up with the question "Do you believe desire to be a positive or negative emotion for you." He replied that it depended on the strength and nature of the desire, for a desire for the basic needs were good to have. However, he went on to add that desires for what he cannot have can become all-consuming. Another patient, Tallulah, was confused as to what he meant by basic needs and Quincy clarified that he was referring the basic needs of the human, such as food, shelter, and water.

Toward the end of the first round Joleen asked for a tissue, and I realized that it was because she was bleeding from a cut on her lips. Quincy was asked to switch places with Mallory, and the session continued without issue. I feel that it is important to note that Quincy showed great restraint in the presence of blood, and that he should be told as such during his next therapy session. His next word was 'Uncertainty' and he began speaking about right and wrong, and how it was not knowing the difference between the two. I do feel that Quincy is able to distinguish from right and wrong on a general level, that he knows it's wrong to hurt someone. He went on to say that uncertainty was a lot like fear for him, not knowing what he was doing or feeling like he'd lost his purpose, but he also described it as thrilling. Quincy added that a little uncertainty broke up routine.

Additional: As stated, it should be acknowledged by his therapist that he showed great control in the presence of blood, and I think encouragement will help him in future. Quincy is a very insightful person, and seems to understand that even though he enjoys blood that it is a danger to him.

Follow-Up: Individual therapy, perhaps a medication change if he is unable to control his impulses in the future.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Benjamin Graham

Dr. Benjamin Graham

RP Reward Points : 43

PostSubject: Re: Quincy "Quinn" Randall   Quincy "Quinn" Randall EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 am

Dr. Benjamin Graham wrote:

Nov 29, 2012

Group Participants:
    Thaddeus Salant - Schizophrenia (Catatonic Subtype)
    Moira Hanley - APD/(Suspected OCD)
    Quincy Randall - Sexual Paraphilia (Vampirism)/Obsessive Love
    Joleen MacMahon - Stockholm Syndrome/Hypersexuality
    Harlow Jacobs - GAD/MDD/Hypersomnia

Therapy Plan: Today's therapy will be an exercise in sharing and relationship building, utilising the light-hearted nature of a game to foster communication about the self with others. The aim of the game (a customised jenga block game) is to encourage patients to talk about themselves openly, build rapport with others, and foster trust with others. The game functions in such a way that each block has a therapeutic question pertaining to the self written upon it. Patients (and therapist) play the game of jenga as usual, only players must answer the questions on the blocks they pull. At the end of the game, whoever knocks over the tower will have to answer an (appropriate) question from each of the other members of the group.

Group Observations: New patient, Quincy Randall, was in attendance for today's session after a morning arrival. He was first into the group room and displayed appropriate greeting behaviour and vocalisation. He did appear a little dazed, as to be expected for new arrivals, but was otherwise pleasant. Next to arrive to our session today was Joleen MacMahon. Her face was still bruised from a recent fight with roommate Jamie Gibbs, but she seemed in relatively well spirits despite this. However, her body language and tone of voice bordered on the inappropriate. Harlow Jacobs arrived shortly afterwards, seeming a little anxious though he nodded in greeting and took a seat without prompting. Thaddeus Salant seemed much unnerved, as his behaviour might be best described as skittish and evasive upon entering the group therapy room. Regardless, he also took a seat without having to be prompted. Moira Hanley was the last patient to arrive to the session, with little enthusiasm, but also was seated without being prompted.

Before introductions could be made Joleen MacMahon and Quiny Randall struck up an introductory conversation between themselves. Given Joleen's injuries and diagnoses, and Quincy's condition, I intervened and disrupted this private conversation by encouraging Quincy to turn his attention to the rest of the group and introduce himself. He was polite and compliant with this request. Thaddeus Salant continued to exhibit distancing behaviour and anxious body language during the introductory part of our session, which remained throughout, though he was supplied with some note cards and a pen, in order to doodle. Clearly having some activity eases some of his anxiety, though I will be discussing paying more attention to group activities with him in future individual therapy sessions.

Our group session went largely according to plan today, though I encountered some oppositional and defiant behaviour from Moira Hanley whenever it was her turn to select a block from the tower. Moira Hanley and Joleen MacMahon also engaged in a short-lived verbal altercation towards the end of our session, the precursor of which came towards the beginning, when Joleen seemed to attempt to defend me from one of Moira's outbursts.

In the middle of our group session, Joleen made inappropriate sexual contact with myself underneath the table, my reaction to which disrupted the game momentarily as I put distance between us. I did not verbally raise the issue during the group, in the interest of not derailing our activity, but this behaviour is entirely inappropriate and should be made special note of, with Miss MacMahon's primary therapist.

Session Report: I started our session today by choosing the first block, and answering the question upon it in very impersonal and general terms.

Moira Hanley was next, drawing a block which asked her to say what motivates her. She disputed that she had any motivations. When I questioned why she got out of bed in the morning, she eventually answered that going out to smoke a cigarette was her motivation for getting up. More on this in later individual therapy notes. It is my belief that Moira witnessed Miss MacMahon's inappropriate contact, and she attempted to bait me with suggestive questions after the fact, before she was derailed by the continuation of the game. Moira's second block was one that she refused to answer, and which I kept for a later session. It asked her to talk about a time when someone made her uncomfortable. She refused to answer and put the block back on the tower. Moira was kept after the session for an impromptu individual session, following her poor behaviour throughout the group. During this individual session, her cigarettes and personal affects were confiscated, only to be earned back by cooperation with her therapist and the other staff, and evidence of her behaviour and self control improving towards others.

Quincy Randall was relatively calm and polite in our session today. he did not make trouble, though I am cautious of allowing him to associate with Joleen MacMahon, given her diagnoses and Randall's susceptibility to romantic and inappropriate advances. he answered both of his questions from the game eloquently, beginning with being asked: How often do you incorporate what people think into what you do?[ He admitted that he didn't often give much thought to what other people thought, but that it did matter to him on some level. Though he admitted trying to give consideration to it, he also noted that sometimes the things that he wanted overrode this consideration. Individual therapy could focus on impulse control, and on healthy outlets for thoughts and frustrations, as well as healthy relationship constructs and interpersonal communication and listening skills. Mr. Randall's second block from the game asked: What are your plans for the future, and how do you hope to achieve them? He admitted to wanting to go back to Paris, and acknowledged that it would only be possible if he got out of Hallowsgate, further conceding that his discharge depended upon honestly and a willingness to cooperate. Efforts should be made to reinforce these thoughts for Mr. Randall, but also to build upon other things that will have to be addressed in therapy.

Joleen MacMahon was willing and compliant with the group activity throughout our session, despite her obvious inappropriate conduct towards myself. She was upset by Moira Hanley's outbursts towards me, but responded favourably to attention during the group. Given her conduct towards me, I can assume that she harbours a sexual attraction towards me, which influenced her behaviour during our session. Regardless, she answered the questions she received from the game, beginning with being asked to list five things that made her happy. While largely inappropriate, she answered with the following, and was allowed to let it rest at that for the first round: "Well you make me happy Ben. Very happy. [...] And I like bright colors, like purple and pink and aqua. Singing makes me happy too. I liked going to the movies that was always fun...and sex. Sex makes me very happy." Joleens second block asked her If you were an animal, what would you be and why?' She answered that she would be a unicorn, because then she would be so special that everyone would have to care about her. Obviously, given her history and diagnoses, attachment issues can be guessed at throughout. I would recommend that therapy focus on creating appropriate and reliable relationships with others, and on boosting real self confidence and responsibility. Her sexual promiscuity may be compensating for a lack of real attachment in her interpersonal relationships. I would recommend exploring the possibility of a buddy system, with another female patient unlikely to give in to sexual advances, or even a female member of staff.

Harlow Jacobs was quite withdrawn and appeared anxious for a lot of our session. He seemed perturbed that he would have to answer questions at random from the jenga tower block, but he did manage to put forth some effort to do so, for the most part. He started off with a block which asked: Where do you want to be? How do you think you can get there? He struggled with this question, and answered that he didn't want to be anywhere, his tone unsure and anxious. Looking to me for a prompt, I asked Harlow if he would like to be outside of Hallowsgate one day. He conceded that he did want to, but that he didn't have any clear goals as to where he wanted to be so long as he was useful. Future therapies should focus on realistic goal building and self confidence, encouraging small steps towards small goals at first, and then building up to larger ones, as I expect he may be easily overwhelmed. Perhaps some activities involving personal responsibility and rewards for effort may help. Harlow did not have a chance to answer a second question, after Moira Hanley's conduct and Joleen MacMahon's reaction to her meant that our session needed to be cut short to avoid more conflict.

Thaddeus Salant was anxious and evasive throughout the group. She shows fear of his peers and hospital staff, and prefers distraction by way of drawing. I think that art therapy could be very good for him so long as it is fully monitored and the art work is actually guided and discussed. he should not just be left to his own devices, but should be eased into more social contact and communication instead. Though he struggled with comfort levels throughout the group, he was coaxed into participating in the game, wherein he drew a block which asked: What realistic alternatives are there to your current lifestyle? Thaddeus answered that he didn't know, and that he believes that being 'in here' [Hallowsgate] is better than being 'out there' sometimes. He lack any real self confidence, and is easily startled. Outside of guided art therapy, his treatment plan should focus heavily on safe socialisation and on self confidence building, as well as learning coping skills for his emotions, and working with medications more closely to find the best treatment for him.

Additional Notes: Socialising activities should be pursued for Thaddeus Salant, after individual sessions discussing social and life goals and considering medication options to control the symptoms of anxiety he is subject to. Guided art therapy should also be explored, as well as confidence boosting activities and communication skills, executive managing, and personal nutrition and hygeine skills.

Moira Hanley was kept behind after our session for an individual meeting which will be documented further in supplemental notes.

I will be filing an incident report concerning Joleen MacMahon's conduct and feelings towards me, in order to assure that this matter is entirely transparent and handled accordingly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quincy "Quinn" Randall   Quincy "Quinn" Randall Empty

Back to top Go down

Quincy "Quinn" Randall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Patient Files-
Jump to: