Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Ellis Granger Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Ellis Granger Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Ellis Granger Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Ellis Granger Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Ellis Granger Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Ellis Granger Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Ellis Granger Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Ellis Granger Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Ellis Granger Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Ellis Granger Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Ellis Granger Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Ellis Granger Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Ellis Granger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellis Granger

Ellis Granger

RP Reward Points : 45

Ellis Granger Empty
PostSubject: Ellis Granger   Ellis Granger EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 am

This application is a Ghost Canon

Ellis Granger Appgz

Granger, Ellis

Ellis Granger 35bec1z

D.O.B: 10/04/1985
      STREET ADDRESS: 1810 Adren Creek Ln. Apt. 110
      TOWN/CITY: Charlottesville
      STATE: VA
      HEIGHT: 5'8"
      WEIGHT: 150lbs
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

I'm applying for the nurse practitioner to the lead physician.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

After some time away I am looking to come home to West Virginia. I have been working as nurse in a behavioral health center and I would like to continue down that career path. Hallowsgate offers me the chance to return and work in the field that I desire.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I feel that I am the best candidate because I have had experience as a nurse practitioner in a mental health facility before and am comfortable in such a working environment.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I received my nursing degree, and completed my advanced studies and graduate degree, from the University of Virginia.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I'm a very quick learner and am able to pick up new routines and systems without too much difficulty. I'm able to adapt to new coworkers and patients' needs, as well as think on my feet in stressful situations.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I worked as a nurse and nurse practitioner at Whisper Ridge Behavioral Health System in Charlottesville, Virginia after I received my nursing degree in 2008.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

After receiving my undergraduate degree I began working as a nurse at Whisper Ridge Behavioral Health System while continuing my studies. Initially work strictly with patients requiring medical attention, performing basic screenings before the doctors came in to see them. After I completed my graduate degree with a focus on psychiatrics I became the nurse practitioner to Dr. Stephen Kendal. My responsibilities expanded from prescreening to overseeing the other nurses, communicating with the doctors, as well as assisting them on procedures and in examinations. I also worked away from the medical wing, supervising nurses on rounds and making them myself.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

Because I have worked in an inpatient facility before Hallowsgate I am comfortable with the setting and practices and have some knowledge of the psychiatric field. I feel that this experience will not only allow me to help the patients, but assist the doctors who may or may not have worked in this area before.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Respectful, dedicated, disciplined, attentive, and kind.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

When stressed I like to be on my own to think and often go for long walks to allow myself time to clear my head. Other times I'll pick up a book and give my mind something else to focus on for the time being. I find this allows me to come back to my problems with fresher eyes and that I'm able to sort things out without any further issues.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

Three positive traits: A quick learner, well mannered, and dedicated to my job.

Three negative traits: Some shyness, I get absorbed in my work, and I'm not the best cook.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I very much wish that things had turned out differently with my family and I, especially my father. I've kept my distance for so long I'm not sure if I should reach out to them or not but I do sometimes wish that we'd been able to work things out instead of letting it become the mess that it is.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

It would greatly depend on the task and my moral standing. I value my job but I also have a duty to myself, and while some sacrifices must be made I would not put myself in a position where I felt compromised.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would report them to the appropriate authorities and allow them to handle it as they deem necessary. Even if it were a friend, if we cannot work together and trust one another to do our jobs it puts everyone at risk.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes, I would.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I was born and raised in Charleston, West Virginia and lived there until I graduated from high school. My father was a doctor and my mother stayed home to care for my two younger brothers and I when we were growing up. I love my family, but when I was a young man we had some disagreements that led me to cut ties with them. I miss them but I had a responsibility to myself and therefore have had to keep my distance. I was unable to put myself through medical school so instead I went into nursing and have been able to continue studying while working full time.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I suppose you could say that I was somewhat of a book worm although my father might prefer the terms academic or professional. I spent much of my time studying to become a doctor and that left little room for anything else. I did have some friends around the neighborhood though, when I was growing up, and after I moved I made friends in town.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

Medicine has been a family business for as far back as I've traced my heritage and I knew what was expected of me growing up. I wanted to carry on that legacy, but money and time made it difficult for me to enroll in medical school properly and become a doctor. I opted to go into nursing, so that I might still be able to help people and from there I went on to become a nurse practitioner as I furthered my education.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

I have never been a member of the armed forces.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

I have never abused controlled substances or alcohol.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

I have never been convicted of a crime.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

For as long as Ellis could remember he'd seen his future looming over the West Virginian tree line, a constant reminder that his life was not his own. As the eldest son of Timothy and Clara Granger, his future had been more or less decided for him from his first breath but as a small boy that hadn't mattered. Doctor toys and play medical kits piled up between texts too thick for a child his age but the pictures captured his imagination, and one day little Ellis would be just like daddy. He watched his father leave their home in Cabin Creek every day to help people, and that idea alone was enough to make little Ellis dream of the day where his own title would be Dr. Granger.

But somewhere in his youth, between the lectures and regular knocks upside the head, the magic of living the doctor life faded, leaving him with nothing but nightmares. Pressure from his father to do well in school and to follow in his footsteps only served to push Ellis away but he knew better than to speak out. The fear of God and the fear of his father were about on par with each other, although retribution was much swifter when it came to the latter. The consequences of standing up to Dr. Granger senior had been drilled into him since he was small and even to this day his father's presence puts him back in the mindset of a child in need of scolding. As he went through the motions of his teenage years, excelling in school and preparing for his predestined future, Ellis slowly became aware that he was not like the other boys in his class. They spoke of the girls they fancied, and which ones they would like to make their wife one day, but Ellis had no interest. He looked at girls and saw beauty, but he never put one beside himself or in his life. Convincing himself that one day he would find the right one he ignored the ideas, not willing to accept that there was any other option simply because there wasn't.

In 1940 Ellis entered college, the final stretch on the road to becoming the doctor his parents wanted him to be. School kept him out of WWII and he'd encouraged his brothers, Alton and Patrick, to take the same route. Of the two Alton stood by his decision to go to war and not six months into leaving he was killed in combat. Ellis grieved with his family but as man he was expected to pick up and carry on. After graduation he received the residency under his father at Hallowsgate and even though it was a suffocating existence he did not fight it. That feeling from his younger years, the one that didn't see women as potential wives still lingers and now he knew that he ill. His psychiatric studies diagnosed him very clearly and he could not let his father find out. So he continued to strive to be the perfect student, answering his father's every wish academically until he could strike out on his own at a different hospital and leave this life behind. It would have worked it weren't for a patient. Archie was unlike anyone he'd met, and he knew that he was in trouble from the moment he laid eyes on him.

The year they were together felt like a dream. For the first time in Ellis' life he felt like he had something that was his. He looked forward to sneaking out to the pool at night to meet in the changing rooms, even if it was only for a few minutes. He knew they were playing with fire, and that if caught he would very likely get Archie in even more trouble and land himself of the wards, but it was something they'd both been willing to risk. Ellis had every intention of plotting an escape with Archie but before he could even find the words to tell him everything was ruined. Dr. Ulysses Franklin discovered the pair and took Ellis back to his father, telling him all that he'd seen. Dr. Ganger and Ellis fought, but it was mostly one sided and it resulted in him falling, his head cracking against the corner of the desk. Ellis died as a result of his injury.

Since his death Ellis has not left the safety of the changing rooms and pool house for too many reasons. Over the years he would occasionally slip out to see how the facility had changed, how procedure had changed, and every so often a medical reference text would disappear from a station or office. At the time he had no intention of ever making himself known again, fearing that if he strayed too far that he might draw the ire of his father or Dr. Franklin, but it was nice to at least keep up to date. After the facility closed Ellis had even fewer reasons to leave his haunt, and was content to be alone within the wall where he felt the closet connection to Archie. He knew that loving him was wrong, but he couldn't help but watch the door for the familiar form to appear as he'd done so many times when they were alive. Over sixty years have passed with no sign, not even whisper from him. Ellis has himself convinced that it's for the best but he still stayed in that pool house just in case.

Renovations disturbed Ellis' rest and curiosity began to get the best of him. It had been so long since he'd seen living people, and these dressed and behaved so strangely, that he once again began to creep around the grounds and halls. As staff and patients began to return to Hallowsgate Ellis left more and more frequently, once again lifting reading material to brush up on today's medical practices. For the first time in decades he began to feel truly lonely, longing for friendships and connections that had been so abruptly taken from him. With the death of the facility administrator and others talking about mingling with the living there was no doubt in Ellis' mind that this was what he needed to do. He continued to read and study, wanting to be as up to date as possible before applying for a position and when the day finally came he could hardly wait to get start work.

Your Nickname: Nebby
Your Chatango Screen Name: Tinynebula
Your Character's Playby: Benjamin Eidem
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

RP Reward Points : 18

Ellis Granger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ellis Granger   Ellis Granger EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:10 am

Ellis Granger Appgz

GRANGER, ELLIS

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Nurse Practitioner
    DEPARTMENT: Medicine
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. Hadrian Swift
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Rathen House 07

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down

Ellis Granger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Staff Files-
Jump to: