Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Kai Murphy Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Kai Murphy Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Kai Murphy Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Kai Murphy Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Kai Murphy Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Kai Murphy Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Kai Murphy Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Kai Murphy Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Kai Murphy Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Kai Murphy Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Kai Murphy Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Kai Murphy Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Kai Murphy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai Murphy

Kai Murphy

RP Reward Points : 88

Kai Murphy Empty
PostSubject: Kai Murphy   Kai Murphy EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Kai Murphy Logoeyf

Murphy, Kai

Kai Murphy 33w350x

D.O.B: 11/11/1984
      STREET ADDRESS: 3100 Alabama Avenue SE
      TOWN/CITY: Washington
      STATE: DC
      HEIGHT: 6'1"
      WEIGHT: 150 lbs.
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian.
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: My ears are pierced and I have some tattoos, most notably a half-sleeve on my left arm. Scrubs should conceal most of it, but if I need to take additional measures to cover the whole piece, I will.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Orderly.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

Quite frankly, I'm ready to get out of DC. I've been here for the past year, renting a house with three male friends, and I need a change of pace. I have not acclimated well to living with so many people, and I also need a break from big cities. Your facility has an opening that I'm interested in, having done similar work for the past four years.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I'm good with people, for one. That matters a lot. Patients in psychiatric facilities are more inclined to cooperate with you if they like you. Also, I'm motivated and ambitious, and not afraid to pick up the slack when others drop the ball. Clearly I'm not afraid to use cliches, either. My ability to laugh at myself and employ a good sense of humor, when appropriate, is often appreciated by co-workers, as well as my professionalism and sense of decorum. I have prior experience in a psychiatric facility and have no problem assisting patients with specialized needs.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

Yes. I am certified as a CNA.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I have a sharp memory. I can put faces to names easily. I'm also flexible and able to fill in and/or help out in whatever capacity I might be needed. I'm observant and always prepared for the worst case scenario, able to keep a cool head about me in times of stress.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I've spent the last year working as a CNA in St. Elizabeths Hospital in Washington, DC, in much the same capacity as I expect I will be at Hallowsgate.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

For the most part, my duties at St. Elizabeths have consisted of providing routine care for patients. I have assisted the medical staff heavily in transporting patients to and from the wards to the medical wing or bringing care to those who can't be moved, aiding in administering treatments and medications, cleaning wounds, changing bandages, and even providing companionship for those who are unable or unwilling to seek it out on their own.

Before that, I worked at a small inpatient facility in Pittsburgh, but I didn't stay long. The work was too quiet and not active enough for me, and when tasks were few, I was often relegated to helping in a secretarial sense. I prefer to work with people and not be seated behind a desk all day.

After receiving my CNA certification in Michigan, I was employed at a local hospital there for two years. Injuries following a motorcycle accident forced me to take a leave of absence. When I was well, after six months of physical therapy for resulting neck and back injuries, I decided to move out of the area and handed in my resignation. I went to Pittsburgh.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

Very well.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Friendly, clever, curious, meticulous, and driven.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

I like music and dancing. Going to see live bands, attending karaoke nights, and spending time with friends at dance clubs have been more than effective in helping me blow off steam in the past, though I realize those options might not be as readily available to me in West Virginia. Being a social creature, I expect I won't spend a lot of time alone at home, but when I do, I hope I'll have friends to share downtime with. I enjoy low-key get-togethers with one or two people, some good music on the stereo, food and snacks and maybe a few games. I don't really cook or eat as well as I should, so I'm not into throwing big parties, and I wouldn't want to disturb my neighbors by doing that anyway.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

Well, I'm a smoker. I'm trying to quit, but it's been difficult. I'm just not great at taking care of myself all-around. I don't sleep enough, I don't eat very well, and I should probably exercise more, but I keep myself so busy I just don't have time to do these things. My one track mind can be an advantage, but most people tell me I should tone down the intensity because I'm going to drive myself into an early grave. I figure that now's the best time to be a little careless, while I'm still young to set goals for myself and have the energy to do as much as I can.

On the upside, I have impeccable personal hygiene. It's important for me to look good. I'm meticulous about making sure I'm put together and well-groomed, and that I don't smell like smoke when I go in to work. When I set my mind on something, I usually will not stop until I get results, and that has proven to be a positive trait in the workplace. Another trait I see as positive is my ability to remain impartial and detached. I enjoy being there for people, but I refrain from getting too close or mixed up in situations that could be potentially messy.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I was kind of a messed-up kid when I was younger, and I wish I could take it all back sometimes. I managed to get on the straight and narrow before I did too much damage to myself or others, but it bothers me to think of all the people I pushed away in my youth, because I don't have a lot of relationships to rely and it gets lonely sometimes. If I had been a better kid, I might have better relationships now, and a more fulfilling life, but I'm working on it.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

Chances are that I'd do it, trusting my superior's judgment in the matter.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

Turn them in to the appropriate authority and let them handle it from there.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in foster care in Detroit, Michigan. It's not something I like to talk about because I didn't have much of an upbringing, to be honest with you. As a child, I was not always emotionally available, and when I was, I tended to cling. This kept loving couples wanting a child from ever looking too long at me. I was passed over time and again, and remained in care of the state until I turned eighteen. I remained homeless for a time after that and got into my fair share of trouble before I sought help and got cleaned up.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

Not good. Foster care turned me into a bit of a bully, and I ran with a bad crowd until, in my early twenties, I got help and decided to go in for a CNA program. Slowly but surely, I got better. I met an individual on my clinical rotations who I really hit it off with, and we were romantically involved before too long. We both went on to get steady positions at the same hospital in Detroit and moved in together. It was a nice life. He left me though - without explanation or warning just packed up and left - and I went on a bit of a bender and crashed my motorcycle. I've been single for awhile and would like to keep it that way. Friends would be nice. I have some here in DC, but living together has made us all hate one another and I'd like to keep things from getting even worse.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

A desire to help others. If it wasn't for those who helped me get my act together, I might be dead in a ditch somewhere. I'd like to give back in some way, help other people go on to be successful in their own lives.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

I had a drug problem while I was living on the streets. I'd take anything I could get my hands on, really, to numb the sting of reality. I no longer abuse any substances, except for my tobacco habit and the occasional drink. I continue to take Vicodin for back spasms that have persisted since my accident. I have a prescription for it, so I hope this won't be a problem.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

I've been convicted of drug possession and assault in the past. I spent some short time in lock-up, but mostly worked it off through community service and my willingness to get help from the state. I'm not proud of these crimes, but I like to think I've made up for my deviance in years since, and that my convictions will not discourage you from hiring me and giving me a chance to do something good here.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

If you've made it this far, you've probably noticed something... off about Kai. His application is full of half-truths and outright lies. There are many skeletons in his closet and a lot of things he's not telling. The section about what his past was like is mostly true, but there are huge chunks of information missing. As an infant, he was found abandoned in a crack house after a drug raid. The parents were never located and he was remanded to the care of his maternal grandmother until she passed away a few years later. Though she was relatively young at the time, she also had a drug habit (not unlike that of her daughter) and eventually overdosed when Kai was five, having been a poor and neglectful caregiver. Attempts to locate capable relatives in the area were unsuccessful after that, and he was given over into foster care. Appropriate notations were made in his file at the time, and as he grew up, he was noted to have a case of Reactive Attachment Disorder that has persisted into adulthood.

Kai's arrests after being released onto the street made it difficult for him to find employment once the state got a hold of him. His inappropriate relationship with his social worker is what got him into a small, but clean, apartment and off of drugs, and his career path wasn't chosen so much as foisted off on him. He has never known what he wants to do with his life, having no clear-cut ambitions. For the most part, Kai is a "live in the moment" type of person who fears getting close to others and uses sex as a crutch. He is highly promiscuous and abuses his Vicodin prescription, lying about the pain he still suffers. The occasional back spasms are present, but it's not as bad as he makes it seem.

Kai, due to his RAD, has always had difficulty relating to or forming attachments to others, but it's even worse now due to the lover who left, Logan. He was abandoned by the one person he let himself get close to, so anyone who tries to cling now gets the cold shoulder. He would rather move from one one-night-stand to the next than get involved in a romantic relationship. He has gone after, and been sexually active with, both patients and staff in previous places of employment and will likely not change his ways at Hallowsgate. While not sociopathic or lacking in emotion, he is selfish and concerned with self-preservation, preferring superficial relationships due to the deep wounds he still harbors from being abandoned.

He is good at acting normal, charming people, and being friendly, adept at observing and mimicking others though he has difficulty relating to them. His flirtatiousness and attempts at seduction are usually careful and structured, occuring more in a one-on-one setting than somewhere he might be caught out for it, especially in the case of patients he'd like to make conquests of. The real reason he is leaving DC and St. Elizabeths is because a histrionic female patient, wracked with guilt and wanting the resulting attention, came clean about the "companionship" Kai was providing and threatened to press charges. For additional favors, a psychiatrist Kai had been sleeping with, in touch with many influential and high-powered attorneys, convinced the girl to remain quiet. The whole incident remains hush-hush and off the books, but Kai was asked to quietly resign to prevent further complications.

Though he won't admit it, there is still a part of him that hopes to find or run into Logan again, especially since they work in the same field. His brief relocation to Pittsburgh was done on a tip that a mutual friend had seen him there. After he got to Pittsburgh, though, he realized there was nothing to find and decided to move on again.

Your Nickname: Zillah
Your Chatango Screen Name: zephyr13
Your Character's Playby: Simon Nygard

Last edited by Kai Murphy on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

RP Reward Points : 8

Kai Murphy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kai Murphy   Kai Murphy EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Kai Murphy Approvedk

MURPH, KAI

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Orderly
    DEPARTMENT: Facility
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. C. Darling
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Clairvaux Apt. 03

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://hallowsgate.forumotion.com

Kai Murphy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Staff Files-
Jump to: