Posts : 187
RP Reward Points : 8
Join date : 2011-07-05
|Subject: Guidelines for the Cbox Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 am|| |
CBOX RULES & GUIDELINES
These rules apply to our members as well as our guests. Please do remember that the cbox is a luxury, and it is also still an extension of both our forum, and our reputation as a roleplaying group. That said, please be sure to familiarise yourself with the following guidelines.
- Content: The cbox should never contain graphic adult content or comments. Remember, we still must follow the forumotion TOS, and we do not know who every anon is that pops in. If you can't keep it clean, take it to IMs.
- Flaming: Do not flame other members in the cbox, especially if they do not understand if you are being sarcastic or not, or if other members observing do not understand. This is how wires get crossed, and how drama is born.
- Member Status: The cbox is not a chat room. Members who visit the site and spend time in the cbox, but do not post an application within a few days will be warned. If they still do not post, they will be blocked from the cbox until such a time as they do.
- Advertising: We do not allow the advertising of other forums in our cbox, so please avoid posting links to other forums. We have an advertising section for this purpose.
- Drama: Simply put, we do not wish to see it in the cbox. Drama could be described as conflict ith another member, griping about another member or personal issues with something on the board, or otherwise causing drama. If you have a problem with something or someone, approach someone directly through PM or IM
- Spamming: As a general guideline (but not a rule) try to keep your number of cbox posts in a row to around 3. Obviously people are going to go over from time to time, but if you are filling up the cbox with inane babble, you may be warned and eventually banned if it persists.
- Text Speak: Don't do it (in seriousness). Web acronyms are fine, parody is fine, but do not use text speak in the cbox as your general mode of communication, or we'll release the hounds.
- Trolling: Be forewarned that we have a zero tolerance policy on trolls. We will not engage or entertain you. You will have one opportunity to tell us who you are (if you are a member deciding to be an ass for fun) and if you do not respond appropriately, you will be automatically banned.
- Warnings: For most infractions, members will receive one warning about their content or behaviour. If behaviour continues, we will enforce suspensions from the cbox for periods of time to be agreed upon by staff members.