Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Josiah Rudolph Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Josiah Rudolph

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Josiah Rudolph

Josiah Rudolph

RP Reward Points : 110

Josiah Rudolph Empty
PostSubject: Josiah Rudolph   Josiah Rudolph EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 am

Josiah Rudolph Logoeyf

Rudolph, Josiah

Josiah Rudolph Mbomer

D.O.B: 04/02/1982
      STREET ADDRESS: 1925 Waycrest Dr., Unit 9
      TOWN/CITY: Atlanta
      STATE: Georgia
      HEIGHT: 5'11"
      WEIGHT: 163 lbs
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: N/A

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

GED Tutor.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

One of my biggest goals in life, early on, was to grow up and find work as a teacher. I was always intensely interested in learning and spent much of my free time pursuing knowledge, which included reading as much as I could. I was a quick learner and yearned to share the things I knew with others my own age, but they often weren't interested, and the adults didn't take me quite as seriously as I would have liked. As I grew older I eventually realized that I was better suited to working one-on-one with individuals in need of my time, attention, and specialized care, something I learned by participating in peer-to-peer tutoring programs throughout high school. I discovered that I loved doing it, and that is how I decided to go on to college and acquire my Master's Degree in Adult Education. I'm applying for this position at your facility because it's exactly the kind of challenge I need, and I believe that your patients need me and what I can offer as well.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I'm passionate about working with people, and my youth equals eagerness, not inexperience. I've been told that I'm not your average authority figure (it was a compliment) and I'm inclined to agree. Instead of relying on convention, I like to get creative and experiment to find the method of teaching that best suits a person's needs and gets them excited about the topic at hand, whether it be history or basic algebra. I'm the best candidate for this position because I'm unlike any other GED Tutor you could hire. I'm a natural at working with others, whether co-worker or pupil, and have a way about me that puts people at ease. I believe this could be a great asset in a facility like Hallowsgate.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I have a Master's Degree in Adult Education from University of Georgia's College of Education Gwinnett Campus, which I believe is more than adequate.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

Patience. That's a big one. I've always considered patience a skill rather than a character trait, one that some people never learn despite their greatest efforts. Luckily, I've been blessed with that as well as with a great deal of empathy and insight. Patience is a skill you need to have when helping individuals who don't necessarily want your help or know that they need it.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I have never worked in a facility for psychiatric rehabilitation, no, but I've spent the last two years volunteering as a tutor at the local community center in downtown Atlanta, working with individuals who are unemployed, on welfare, or homeless, among other unfortunate circumstances, so I'm no stranger to difficult cases. Everyone deserves a chance, and I want to reach as many people as I can to make sure they get a fair shot at a good life.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

In addition to the volunteer work I've done in my spare time these past two years, I've been employed as a Substitute Teacher in Fulton County. This work has spanned the last five years for me. Unfortunately, permanent placement at a public school has been elusive, but I've been content to bounce around to where I'm needed on any given day. It's definitely made every day for the past five years an interesting one, and the experiences have been enriching.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I think it's left me well-prepared to be the best that I can be and to do the best that I can in preparing your patients for a successful life outside Hallowsgate's walls. I know there is much we can learn from each other. I never intend to stop learning or sharing what I know, and I hope to instill that same ambition in everyone whose lives I touch.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Driven, passionate, intuitive, open-minded, and sincere.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

One of the things people are most surprised to learn about me is that I'm a huge comic book geek and video game enthusiast. When I want to relax I find the most effective method is to escape into someone else's skin for awhile; I return to the real world feeling refreshed, recharged, and ready for anything. I'm also a big fan of boating and swimming - anything that involves being on or in the water I completely love. Sometimes I think I must have been a fish in another life.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

I would put my selflessness in both categories. I'm always putting others before myself. While I feel that that's certainly an admirable trait, I spent my formative years trying to make other people happy, and I was secretly miserable because that meant I couldn't truly be myself. I'm still learning from that.

As far as other negative traits are concerned, I'm a bit secretive. I'm receptive to others and a great listener (two positive traits) but it can be difficult for me to share the deepest parts of myself with others. Unless I'm ready to go there, I tend to clam up if the conversation gets too personal too fast.

Another negative is that I'm incredibly clumsy and accident prone. I've messed up so many home improvement jobs and landed myself in the hospital enough times that I know by now to hire out when I need handywork done. I have two left feet. Unless it's a slow dance, you won't get me on the dance floor, and even then I'll probably be a disaster. Ironically, I'm pretty good with my hands. I dabble in the piano and enjoy painting and yard work.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

It's not one event that sticks out, but most of my youth. If I'd known as a boy what I know now, I wouldn't have spent so many years lying to myself and others about who I am. I wouldn't have wasted so much time trying to conform to parents' vision of who they thought I should be (a good heterosexual Christian boy). And yet, if I hadn't done exactly that, I wouldn't have my amazing son, Ian. It all worked out in the end, but the years I should have spent getting to know myself were spent denying myself instead. It's taken me a long time to correct the damage I've done, and I feel that in some respects I'm still coming to terms with everything, including the boy I was and the man I am now. There was a time when I never thought I'd be where I am, and yet I'm still subject to this occasional fear that I'm behind the curve of where I should be. I wonder where I might have been if I hadn't been so concerned with what other people thought of me and wanted for me. A little selfishness can be a good thing and I wish I had known that.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

It depends on the circumstance and which one of my morals felt violated, but in most cases, I'd hear my superior out and attempt to reason with him or her before making any rash decisions. It's important to listen to a person and try to see where they're coming from. After all, it's so easy to blow something out of proportion when you're only seeing it from your own unique perspective. Achieving mutual understanding is important to me, so I'd try for that above all else and see where we go from there.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

People make mistakes and I believe in second chances, but in any of the above scenarios I don't believe in third ones. Depending on the severity of the transgression I'd let them off with a warning, but if it happened again, I'd take the issue up with that person's immediate superior and let them decide how to proceed.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Hinesville, Georgia, a small city about an hour outside of Savannah, to a very conversative, upper middle class, Christian family. It was a nice enough place to grow up, and I never wanted for anything, but I never felt as if I fit in either. I always knew I was different growing up, and the community my parents were part of was not particularly tolerant of others' differences. I went to church every Sunday, where my father was the pastor, and was made to participate in a weekly youth group, which my mother led. I tried hard to blend in, and I did that well enough, but it didn't make me happy. I wanted something more.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I had friends, and many girlfriends, but they didn't really know me. Nobody did, except for maybe my younger sister, Janie, who seemed to know more about me than I ever told her. We could convey things to each other without saying a word, and she was the only person who wasn't surprised when, at the age of 27, I finally came out to my wife (now ex) and family as a gay man. My parents disowned me; she is the only one of my immediate family who still keeps in touch.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

The care and attention I received from several important teachers throughout my school career was one of the few things that got me through a childhood and adolescence that felt awkward, hollow, shallow, and often meaningless. Teachers are the true superheroes of this world. I wanted to do for others what mine did for me. The smallest act of kindness can make the biggest difference in a person's life. I've never taken those things for granted and want to pay them forward.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

Though there are hints of Josiah's troubled past in his application, we're not hearing the whole story. The thing that is most heavily alluded to but never fully explained is his marriage, child, coming out, and subsequent divorce. Josiah met Melanie Beaufort in graduate school; they were both pursuing careers in teaching. In early adolescence, Josiah figured out that he was gay. He'd felt different his entire life, but knew it wasn't something he could be honest about with his friends and family when he finally realized what it was. Conforming to fit in by suppressing his homosexual urges, Josiah pretended to be normal. He played sports, dated girls, and attended church all throughout high school, as was expected of him, but secretly struggled with depression. Today, he has a tendency to get defensive and upset if he feels he's being oppressed or stifled in any way.

Having had many girlfriends throughout high school, Josiah had all but convinced himself that he could keep up the charade for the sake of his family's happiness. For a time after meeting Melanie, he genuinely believed that he was in love with her, but it was the idea of a normal, peaceful life he loved more than anything else. Because he believed it was the right thing to do, they married at the tender age of 22. Melanie soon discovered she was pregnant, and once baby Ian was born and they'd both achieved their Master's degrees a year later, the couple moved to Atlanta.

Things didn't get better as he'd hoped. From the outside, their life together looked ideal, but Josiah's inner turmoil was growing by the day. He finally came out at the age of 27. Though it came as a shock to everyone but Janie, Melaine remained supportive of Josiah and their divorce was amicable. They got separate apartments in the city and have remained good friends to this day. Ian is seven years old and living with Melanie. For the past three years, Josiah has had visitation rights. Though he has been hesitant to leave Atlanta because it means he won't be as close to Ian, he wants to start over in a new place and catch up on some of the experiences he's previously missed out on (like having a social life as an openly gay man).

Josiah is an empath. Some people have confused his empathic abilities with psychic abilities, but he has always persisted that the two are completely different, having never given too much thought to the idea of supernatural phenomena in general (something that's bound to change after some time spent at Hallowsgate...). He has astounding levels of intuition and insight and picks up on the emotions of others with ease, enabling him to read almost anyone and know what it is that they need at that moment in time. A human lie detector, he feels physically ill when something isn't right or malevolent intentions are afoot, which aids him in avoiding potentially unpleasant encounters and/or people. Having developed these abilities from an early age, they became tools for survival in a world he didn't fit into, allowing him to blend in and giving him chameleon-like abilities to change and adapt to any given situation. Now, however, he only wishes to use them to help the outcasts of society, and hopes he never has to pretend to be someone he's not ever again. Basically, he just wants to live honestly and find the kind fulfillment in his adult life that evaded him in his youth. Obviously, a genuine romantic relationship is part of that, but since he's still fumbling his way through Dating 101, he's not rushing anything.

Your Nickname: Zillah
Your Chatango Screen Name: zephyr13
Your Character's Playby: Matt Bomer

Last edited by Josiah Rudolph on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

RP Reward Points : 8

Josiah Rudolph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josiah Rudolph   Josiah Rudolph EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 am

Josiah Rudolph Approvedk

RUDOLPH, JOSIAH

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: GED Tutor
    DEPARTMENT: Facility Staff
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Cyril H. Darling
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Rathen House Apt. 01

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://hallowsgate.forumotion.com

Josiah Rudolph
Page 1 of 1