Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Finn McAlister Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Finn McAlister Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Finn McAlister Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Finn McAlister Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Finn McAlister Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Finn McAlister Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Finn McAlister Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Finn McAlister Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Finn McAlister Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Finn McAlister Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Finn McAlister Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Finn McAlister Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Finn McAlister

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Finn McAlister

Finn McAlister

RP Reward Points : 79

Finn McAlister Empty
PostSubject: Finn McAlister   Finn McAlister EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:35 pm

Finn McAlister Logoeyf

McAlister, Finn

Finn McAlister Zj5l7

D.O.B: 24/02/1978
      STREET ADDRESS: 504 Whispering Pine Drive
      TOWN/CITY: Rockport
      STATE: Texas
      HEIGHT: 5’ 10”
      WEIGHT: 200lbs
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: I have seven tattoos that all have different meanings, and symbolize a new door opening in my life. A dragon on my under left arm, tribal on my right arm, one on my back, two on my lower waist, two on my chest. Also, I have a scar along my lower back, due to embedded shrapnel that is inoperable. It has created a bluish, purple bruise that spidewebs along my lower back.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Psychiatric Intern

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I am applying for the position of Psychiatric Intern for various reasons. The main reason is that I wish to help people. Perhaps this is the “stock” answer for many who are applying for this job, however, it is the main reason I chose to pursue a career in psychiatry. TO pursue this career in psychiatry, however, I must complete 4 years of residency. This position would assist in completing my residency, and allowing me to fulfill my dream of becoming a psychiatrist.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I feel I would be the best candidate for the position because I have an open mind. I believe people who need medical assistance for mental health issues need someone with an open mind, someone who will not judge them for their past and for their choices.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I do. I received my undergraduate degree from Baylor College in Biology, with a minor in Biochemistry in 2006. I Then received my general medicine degree from University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio in 2010.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

Other qualifications include fluency in Spanish, acquired while in the military.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I completely one year of residency for Psychiatry in San Antonio at Solera Behavioral Health in 2010-2011. Upon the advice of my advisor, I branched out and spent a year in New York City at Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center in 2011-2012. I just finished my second year of residency.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

Most recent employment experience was as a Psychiatric intern at Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center in Utica, New York. My responsibilities included a 2 patient caseload under a professional psychiatrist. This was to help with my transition from student to professional. I also worked part time as a bag boy in a local grocery store and super market. Essentially, I carried bags for old ladies out the door and to their car.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I believe that my experiences in the field during my residencies as well as my education from both Baylor and University of Texas will benefit my future professional career immensely. I also believe that my previous side jobs, as well as my military experience allows me to see how human people are, and see the patients as such, instead of just patients.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Comical and playful, yet with a serious side. I also find I’m very open minded and mild mannered.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

I am a boxer. I box as a hobby to help relieve stress and anxiety. This method has allowed me to physically express my frustrations and allowed for stress relief. I find that the physical stress and the physical activity allows me to clear my mind and have an opened and clear mind for the patients.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

Rebellious, however rebellion can be good and bad. Callous, or blunt I should say, and I have a bit of an angry side, which is alleviated with physical activity. Positive traits include optimism, sincere, and accepting.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

One event I could change....I would change some of my choices as a teenager for the better. But I was a teenager and we all must learn one way or another.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would approach my superior and explain how it is against my moral upbringing and I do not agree with the task. I would be willing to compromise with my superior, however, I believe good morals makes a man, and should I do something against the morals I truly believe in, then I am not only disappointing others, but I am disappointing myself.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would inform my supervisor of the incident as soon as I could. I hate to get people into trouble because you don’t know what is going on in their lives, however, I know that the rules apply to everyone, and the rules cannot be broken for one, and not for another.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Rockport, Texas, on a quiet street about 5 minutes from the ocean. The ocean was my life as a kid, from surfing to fishing to kayaking, I loved the water and it loved me. My family was your everyday American family. We had a two story house on Whispering Pines Drive. My father was a mechanic, and my mother was a school teacher. I am the oldest and the only son my parents had out of 4 children. I mean, we had our problems, I should say....any typical American family does. Sometimes ends wouldn’t quite meet, but we never really lived beyond our means. I gave my parents a scare for a while in my teenage years, but that’s what teenager is supposed to do, right?

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I had several friends as a kid. We would surf and kayak. We went to school together from kindergarten until we all graduated. I had several girlfriends. Typical teenage years. My friend Luke passed away when we were 17 from a car accident in which he was drunk, and that was hard to cope with, as your first loss as a teenager. When we graduated high school, many of us went into the military or followed in our father’s footsteps. I was not going to be a mechanic, so I went into the military.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

My mother worked with special needs children, and she loved them as her own children. She had a hard time with many of these children, but she was passionate about them. I initially wanted a career in medicine, but during my junior year of undergraduate, I visited my mother and spent several months in the classroom with her. I then wanted to work with special needs children and adults, however as I entered medical school and branched out with my options, I fell in love with the ever expanding field of psychiatry and the concept of mental illness.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. They helped pay for my schooling during my 4 inactive years of my contract. I served 4 years active duty. I was honorably discharged at the beginning of Medical school.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

I wouldn’t call it abuse, however as a teenager, I drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes. I still smoke cigarettes, but I do not drink as it impairs my cognitive ability.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

((Remember, if you put all their back story as a secret, we won't be able to admit them to Hallowsgate! This section is for secrets only, not the entire character history. We need most of the info in the main app so we can process it!))

Finn served 4 years active duty in the military from 18 until he was 22. He started undergraduate from 24 to 28, medical school until he was 32. He is currently 34 years old with two years of residency under his belt. He was honorably discharged from the military with a purple heart after an IED explosion injured Finn, and killed his friend. This has left him with a case of PTSD, which he received treatment for through a military psychiatrist, and is now deemed "well", however he still has bouts of PTSD, mostly in his sleep.

During his teenage years, before his deployment, his girlfriend became pregnant with his child, however, she does not allow Finn to see his son. After he graduated boot camp, and during his 4 years, she married another man and does not allow Finn into his son’s life. His son, now 16, has no idea who his father is.

Your Nickname: Bear
Your Chatango Screen Name: Hollowedhavoc
Your Character's Playby: Tom Hardy

Last edited by Finn McAlister on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

RP Reward Points : 8

Finn McAlister Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finn McAlister   Finn McAlister EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Finn McAlister Approvedk

McALISTER, FINN

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Psychiatric Intern
    DEPARTMENT: Psychiatric
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. _______________
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Rathen House 05

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://hallowsgate.forumotion.com

Finn McAlister
Page 1 of 1