Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Clarence Hoffmann Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Clarence Hoffmann

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clarence Hoffmann

Clarence Hoffmann

RP Reward Points : 19

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 am

Clarence Hoffmann Appgz

Hoffmann, Clarence “Clay” Thomas

Clarence Hoffmann 2z87z9e

Insights into Clay's mental state have been provided by myself, Dr. Richard Jackson.

D.O.B: 18/06/1980
      STREET ADDRESS: Bradford Heath Services, 2108 Broadwater Ave.
      TOWN/CITY: Laurel
      STATE: Montana
      HEIGHT: 6' 0"
      WEIGHT: 152lbs.
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: A succession of parallel, mostly faded scars along the inside of his right thigh.

Do you have any ongoing medical issues for which you require treatment or medication?:

None

Are you aware of any allergies? If so, please list allergy, age of onset and any medications or treatments you require or receive:

None

Have you had any surgeries or invasive procedures in the past? If yes, please list reason and approximate age of procedure:

None

Do you take any medications or supplements daily? Do you follow any treatment plans? Please list medications or treatments, and reasons below:

Currently, Clay takes 15 mg of Abilify once daily to reduce his interpersonal problems, impulsiveness, depression, and anxiety. Previously, his former therapist had believed he was bipolar, and had prescribed him lithium, but as Clay has not taken this medication in at least eighteen months, I don't know the exact dosage. He is currently in in-patient care, although this facility is short term, and cannot keep him longer than eight weeks.

Do you use tobacco, consume alcohol, or use any other drugs including street drugs and/or prescription medications not prescribed to you? If yes, please list number of packs a day, number of drinks a day, and/or drugs consumed below:

I drink socially on occasion. Alcohol is all sugar though, so I have to watch it.

Please describe, to the best of your ability, your emotional and mental state of wellbeing:

I’m fine. Like, what is really the problem with being a concerned brother, and taking care of yourself? People who were obese as children have a greater chance of being obese as adults, so I have to pay better attention to my eating and exercise than most people.

Clay, as Clarence prefers to be called, has several psychological issues that I have attempted to address in his treatment, to no avail. He has a history of dramatic mood swings, loses his temper regularly (He is more likely to give a verbal lashing than a physical one, although exceptions to this are made in connection with his sister), occasionally abuses alcohol, and has a history of suicidal behavior and self harm.

His relationship with food, and subsequently his self-esteem, is somewhat less than healthy. When Clay feels depressed, he has a tendency to regress to the eating and sedentary patterns of his childhood. This triggers an anxious reaction where he believes that he is inherently unattractive and may feed into further depression. Often, it has been hard for him to break this cyclic behavior without an outside influence, such as his shallow relationships with women. If someone else expresses desire for him, it is often enough to pull Clay out of his depression, but only temporarily, as Clay eventually fears their rejection, and the cycle will begin again.

I don't, however, believe as his former therapist did, that his poor self-esteem regarding his body exists separately from his mood disorder. It is my firm belief that Clay actually suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder, and the obsessive behavior toward his sister, as well as his eating and exercise patterns are clearly expressions of his insecurities.

Have you been diagnosed with any psychiatric or psychological ailments? Please list any diagnoses below, and the treatments or medications prescribed to you. Please include name of medications, dosage, and number of doses per day:

So, when I was like twelve, my mom made me start seeing this shrink. She thought I needed someone to talk to about being a former chubby kid. Or else she was the first one who thought I had the hots for Sarah. I don’t really know. Anyway, the doctor was concerned about my eating habits, since I used to be a porker, and now it’s like a frikkin miracle that I don’t weigh six-hundred pounds. I don't understand why anyone thinks I have a problem. I'm just trying to be healthy.

I saw the shrink until I moved in with Sarah, about two years ago. Mom and Wyatt said they’d keep paying if I went to a shrink closer to my new place, but I didn't take them up on it. No sense in wasting their money since there’s nothing wrong with me.

My doctor and family also think I have a thing for my step-sister, Sarah, but that’s just sick. I know we’re not technically related, but still. She’s my sister. We just get along really well, and I’m a devoted brother.

Clay has been hospitalized for his psychiatric instabilities on three separate occasions. Once, when he was found to be self-harming at age seventeen, although he has since ceased the behavior, for fear of having to explain the scars to potential lovers. The second occasion occurred following his graduation from high school, when Sarah left for college. At that time, Clay attempted suicide by running his car inside of a closed garage. His current hospitalization is due to him stalking his step-sister, after she had issued a restraining order following Clay’s assault of her boyfriend. Clay doesn't like speaking about his hospitalizations; he is extremely self-conscious about his mental health.

Also notable are his skewed perception of self-image and predilection for becoming involved in extremely unstable and often shallow, short-lived relationships. The women Clay pursues tend to bear at least a superficial resemblance to his step-sister, although even this measure has left Clay feeling lonely, especially as Clay believes that he is ultimately unworthy of love. Clay’s self-esteem issues can be traced back to his childhood.

In his early life, Clay was a large child, until about age eleven when he and his mother both lost weight by increasing their exercise and adopting a more healthy diet. However, although Clay was at a healthy weight based on his age and height, he still felt unattractive. His coping mechanism was to become involved with girls. At first, holding hands and kissing, but then moving on into activities of a more sexual nature. The trouble is, once Clay sleeps with somebody, he feels that they somehow know that he is unattractive, or that they deserve somebody better, or that he has to leave them before they leave him, and he subsequently dumps them to avoid what he believes is an inevitable rejection, leaving him feeling worse than when he started.

Have you ever been hospitalised or referred to regular outpatient care due to these ailments or associated incidents? If so, please note where, and at roughly what age:

Right now, I’m in short-term inpatient care facility after a misunderstanding with Sarah. It’s fine, really. These things have a way of working themselves out. And since I know the shrink is going to tell you anyway, I thought I should explain. See, Sarah moved about two hours away for her new job. I couldn't know that she was okay, you know? So, I had to check on her. Make sure her neighborhood was safe, that sort of thing. I don’t want some creep messing with my sister. Her new apartment was not in a great part of town. Plus, it was on the ground floor, which is statistically more likely to get broken into. Anyway, I put in for a transfer at my own job so I wouldn't spend so much time driving between Sarah’s place and mine. I may have insinuated to Sarah that the transfer was not voluntary, so she’d let me camp out on her couch for a while.

Eventually, I got an apartment in the same complex. It was close to work, and close to Sarah. I dated a few girls, but none of them were quite right for me. Then, Sarah starts dating this loser. He was obviously a douche, so I told him to leave my sister alone. When he kept seeing her, I beat him up. He told Sarah that I was nuts. I kept trying to apologize to her. I called her, left notes on her door, sent her presents. When she didn’t respond, I used the spare key she’d given me to wait for her to get home from work. I just wanted to talk. She filed a restraining order. I violated it, apparently, by calling to apologize again. They chucked me in here.

Clay began seeing a therapist at age twelve, when his mother worried that he was not adjusting well to her marriage or to having a more stable environment. At age thirteen, Clay revealed that he was caught masturbating to a photo of his step-sister by his step-father. Due to Clay's trouble adjusting, Wyatt agreed not to say anything to his wife or daughter, although he threatened to send Sarah to live with her mother if the behavior was repeated. This threat, while it didn't end Clay's obsession, was enough to make him feel that his attraction to Sarah was taboo, and prompted him to keep it to himself for many years afterward.

Clay has told me that Sarah, his step-sister, is the only girl he has ever really loved. I don’t know if that is because of genuine feeling, or because he was prevented from seeking a relationship with her. Additionally, he has confided in me that virtually every girl he’s had intercourse with has reminded him of her in one way or another.

Clay believes that if he can get Sarah to love him back, that this will somehow prove that he is desirable and a worthwhile person. The fact that he puts such power into her hands, coupled with the fact that Clay bases the worth of both himself and others on physical appearance above all else, leaves me worried. I fear that this pattern of thought and behavior will ultimately leave Clay feeling unsatisfied in any relationship, romantic or otherwise.

How have these ailments affected you and your life? Are there any major life instances you feel have been directly affected by these ailments, such as suicide attempts, criminal activities, etc?:

Sarah doesn’t want anything to do with me now. And I’m not allowed within five-hundred yards of her, and not allowed to call, write, or send her gifts.

What is your social life like? Do you have many friends or relationships? How are your family relationships?:

Mom and I were always together when I was a kid. She’s totally the overprotective type. Her husband’s not so bad. Sarah and I were instant best friends when our parents started dating. We bonded over how gross it was. As for other friends, I didn't really start making friends until I was like eleven or twelve. I figured we were just going to move again, so what was the point? Besides, I don’t really need people. I've never really needed people.

Clay’s constant insistence that he doesn't ‘need’ people is another way he preemptively avoids rejection. He has very few close friends, although he will often claim to have either no friends or many friends, depending on his mental state.

Do you believe your life circumstances have contributed to any ailments? If so, what circumstances, and why do you feel they have contributed?:

What ailments?

I'm given to understand that Clay was bullied for his obesity when he was younger. This, coupled with the constant moving around most likely contributed to his underlying belief that he is inferior to other people, and that eventually, he will be unmasked as such.

If you could change one past event that has happened to you, what would it be, and why?:

I probably should have found a different way to keep Sarah away from that jerk.

Do you wish to rehabilitate from your ailment(s)? If so, how do you feel this would best be accomplished?:

If you can make Sarah speak to me again, I would be so grateful. I miss her.

Where did you grow up? Please list the location(s) and describe what it was like growing up there:

At first, in what I like to call ‘the fat years’, all over the place. Mom would find a place for us, and some menial job, and, more often than not, a boyfriend, and we would stick around until one of those things went bad. If it was the job, sometimes she would find another one in the same area. Most of the time it was the boyfriend, though. Although I remember one time it was the apartment we were staying in. Seems mom’s shitty job wasn’t quite enough to pay rent, and we got the fun of sneaking what little crap we had to the car at three in the morning before driving away. Sometimes we just slept in the car, which wasn’t as bad as it sounds, because our car was this huge, ancient Plymouth.

When I was ten, my mom got a job working the front desk at a gym, she started taking aerobics classes that she dragged me to with her, and eventually started teaching those classes. One day Wyatt the Wonderful took one of her classes. The rest is history.

What was your family life like? Did you spend much time with your parents? Do you have any siblings? If so, what are your relationships like?:

A part of me kinda misses living out of the car. I liked all the moving around. It was like Mom and I were on an adventure. Sure, I guess it would be weird now, since I’m a grown man. Wyatt’s alright. He makes Mom happy, and he’s a decent guy. They have a kid together, but she’s ten, so we don’t have much to talk about. Sarah used to be my best friend, until things got weird between us. I don’t know much about my real father, except he was Mom’s high-school boyfriend. I don’t know much about Mom’s parent’s either, except that they’re German immigrants who kicked Mom out when she got knocked up.

What was school like? Did you have any problems? Did you enjoy school? What were your grades like?:

Well, with all the moving around, I can’t say I was the best student when I was little. I passed, most of the time. Once me and mom settled down though, I got a little better. Like, C’s instead of D’s.

Did you engage in any extracurricular activities, such as academic, artistic, or sporting clubs?:

No. When I was little, I didn't bother joining teams or anything, because we never stayed anywhere longer than about nine months. I’m not particularly talented. God knows I’m no academic.

What was work like? Did you have any problems? Did you enjoy your work? What were your coworker relationships like?:

In high school, I started working part time at the same gym Mom worked at. It was mostly menial crap like front desk, or cleaning out the locker rooms. After I got my certification, I got promoted to a personal trainer. I got offered a better paying job at a new gym, a bigger, corporate place, after one of my former clients recommended me to the manager, who was like her cousin or something. The work was okay, and I could more or less set my own hours, so that was pretty nice. I worked at two of their locations right up until I was served my restraining order at work. They guys at work were alright, but I never really was able to make that into anything other than work buddies.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime or misdemeanor? If yes, please explain, list conviction, and list any sentences associated with convictions:

Criminal Harassment was threatened, but Sarah didn’t press criminal charges, just the restraining order.

Lastly, please tell us about yourself. How do you feel about yourself and what you have done with your life? If you have committed crimes, how do you feel about those now? What are your hopes for the future?:

I just want to get back to my life. But, I want Sarah to forgive me more. I want us to go back to being like we used to be.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

Clay is actually in love with Sarah, he just doesn't know how to deal with it, because he even disgusts himself. He tried dating other girls that looked or acted like Sarah a couple of times, and even tried to make those girls be more like Sarah by subtly pressuring them to change their hair cut or color, buying them clothes or perfume that were reminiscent of her, or even encouraging them to gain or lose weight.

When he broke into her apartment, it was for more than an apology. He intended to rape Sarah, to force her to love him, but was unable to go through with more than pinning her against the wall and forcibly kissing her. Sarah, feeling bad for him, didn't say anything about it.

Your Nickname: Musica
Your Chatango Screen Name: MusicaChick
Your Character's Playby: Chris Evans

Last edited by Clarence Hoffmann on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

RP Reward Points : 8

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 am

THIS APPLICATION IS PENDING

This application is currently pending. Below, you'll find the reasons for this pending notice. If you wish to continue the application process, please follow the points laid out below by a member of Hallowsgate's staff.

• We have a few points to guide you through before Clarence can be admitted to Hallowsgate, so hang in there and follow the bouncing bullet points!

• I'm honestly confused about Clarence's eating disorder. It's said he has BN, but he says that he doesn't vomit. The BN is really only mentioned on the application in passing too, and is not explained fully by he or the therapist. It feels a little as if it may have been an add-on that is not really necessary or relevant to the rest of the application. An eating disorder is totally consuming in and of itself, with thoughts and guilt plaguing suffers all day every day. Bulimia follows a pattern of restriction and purging behaviours, not just exercising. Bulimia in particular also comes with a host of medical problems if it is present for a long time. I would recommend dropping it , since it is not very present in the story to begin with.

• I am also confused about Clarence's main disorders. It's said that he has a case of obsessive love, but then he has self harming tenancies, unstable, short relationships, and a skewed perception of self image. We don't get much input on his moods (which we would like to see), but all of those prior symptoms actually fit for borderline personality disorder, including the stalking and intense fear of rejection. I highly recommend that you consider going to the webpage on BPD and reading about it, and that you consider changing his diagnosis, because he's a much closer fit for that than he is for obsessive love. If you consider going this route, please also consider how it would affect his other relationships too, outside of the one with his step-sister.

• We will come back to your app soon, after you've had time to tweak some things!

Please reply to this thread once you have edited your application, to let us know, and a member of Hallowsgate's staff will review your application again at our next possible convenience.

This app was reviewed by: Ghost & Nebby.
Back to top Go down
https://hallowsgate.forumotion.com
Clarence Hoffmann

Clarence Hoffmann

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Alright, I tweaked his diagnosis, and reworked his app to reflect more information about his moods. I took out the specific mentions of Bulimia.

I hope I'm on the right track.
Back to top Go down
Nebby
Admin
Nebby

RP Reward Points : 14

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 11:45 pm

THIS APPLICATION IS PENDING

This application is currently pending. Below, you'll find the reasons for this pending notice. If you wish to continue the application process, please follow the points laid out below by a member of Hallowsgate's staff.

• Clay needs a little more tweaking before he's ready for Hallowsgate, so we're going to get right to it.
  • In the previous pend Bulimia was asked to be dropped and while the official diagnosis is out, the behaviors are not. BPD does have unstable self image as a part of its diagnostic criteria, but it still sounds like an eating disorder. There is still a lot of focus on it in the application, almost too much for it to not have a diagnosis attached to it. Right now Clay seems to have EDNOS or Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. This means he doesn't quite meet the specific criteria for anorexia or bulimia, but he does have an eating disorder. Because this is a diagnosis and not on our accepted issues list, the obsessive weight monitoring and compulsive exercising need to be removed from the application. He can have issues with his body but it shouldn't be as extreme as it is.

Please reply to this thread once you have edited your application, to let us know, and a member of Hallowsgate's staff will review your application again at our next possible convenience.

This app was reviewed by: Nebby and Zillah.
Back to top Go down
Clarence Hoffmann

Clarence Hoffmann

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 am

edited.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

RP Reward Points : 18

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 am

Clarence Hoffmann Appgz

HOFFMANN, CLARENCE

DIAGNOSIS(ES): BPD
    WARD: Male
    DORMITORY: 02
    BED: 01
    THERAPIST: Dr. Rose Lewis

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Anita Forrester

Dr. Anita Forrester

RP Reward Points : 27

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm

INCIDENT REPORT

Date: 19/1/13
    Patient(s) Involved: Joleen MacMahon, Clarence Hoffman
    Responding Staff: Dr. Anita Forrester

Incident Notes: Joleen MacMahon and Clarence Hoffman were discovered in the hayloft of the stables in a compromising position, stripped of their clothing from the waist up. They were told to separate and redress, and both did without complaint. Clarence began explaining that the incident was all his fault, but I did not discuss the matter with them, and they were instructed to climb down the ladder. Joleen first, then myself, followed by Clarence. They were then escorted back to the hospital, and Clarence was taken on ahead by an orderly to isolation. Joleen waited with me until I received word that Clarence was in his room, at which point Joleen was also taken to isolation.

Both patients are to remain in seclusion until lights out, at which point they are to be escorted to their dormitories separately. Under no circumstances are they to see each other.

Additional: Given that this is a first offence for Clarence, for I recommend that he speak with his therapist on the subject, and from there we decide how to proceed. Clarence will be placed on 4mg of lorazepam, split into two doses and given orally in the morning and evening.

Joleen and Clarence are to be separated immediately should they be found together and taken to seclusion. In group therapies, if they happen to be in the same one, they are not permitted to sit beside one another. Interaction between them is to be discouraged, and all conversations should be noted and placed in their files.

Follow-Up: Individual therapy for now, with an emphasis on self restraint.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Anita Forrester

Dr. Anita Forrester

RP Reward Points : 27

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

FILE NOTE

Date: 19/1/2013

Notes: Clarence is to report to the medical wing for STD testing, as Joleen MacMahon is positive for Herpes Simplex. Although I do not believe him to have been infected during their brief encounter, its a risk that should not be taken.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clarence Hoffmann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clarence Hoffmann   Clarence Hoffmann Empty

Back to top Go down

Clarence Hoffmann
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Patient Files-
Jump to: