Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Romantic Interest Desired Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Romantic Interest Desired

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emmanuel Daines

Emmanuel Daines

RP Reward Points : 68

Romantic Interest Desired Empty
PostSubject: Romantic Interest Desired   Romantic Interest Desired EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 pm

As the title says, I'm in search of a potential romantic interest for Manny. Most of you are already aware of what he's like. For those of you who are new and haven't seen him in action, his file is here.

Essentially, Manny is a 39-year-old paranoid schizophrenic who has never been in a romantic relationship and is beginning to realize that something's been missing in his life. Now that he is at Hallowsgate and has been on medication for some time without refusing to take it, Manny's behavior is starting to stabilize. His hallucinations and delusions have reached a low point. Naturally, though, he's still pretty withdrawn, distrusting of others, and paranoid in general. I don't see Manny falling in love quickly or easily, so if your character is out for instant gratification, it probably wouldn't work out. Being fairly self-loathing, he's not sure that he's worthy of love, even if he's starting to question his lifelong belief that he's incapable of it. He really doesn't know how romantic relationships work and likely wouldn't feel comfortable initiating if he thought he had feelings for someone. While not sexually inexperienced, it's been awhile since he's been with anyone in that way. It's simply never been that important to him. In most cases, it's just been a means to an end (drugs).

I'm not sure Manny really has a type or specific sexual preference. He's been with men and women over the years pretty indiscriminately. I imagine he's capable of falling for damn near anyone who is patient enough to stick by him. His trust needs to be earned and he's not particularly outgoing or friendly, so whoever he ends up taking a shine to will have to be understanding of that. I wouldn't say he's mean... he just prefers to be by himself. I'm hoping this person could actually be the catalyst to help him out of his shell a little more.

So yeah, just thought I'd throw that out there and see if anyone's interested in exploring this angle, even if it doesn't work out. I'm open to ideas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Romantic Interest Desired
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Welcome to Hallowsgate - OOC Information :: Plotting & Wanted Ads :: Wanted Ads-
Jump to: