HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
by Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
by Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
by Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
by Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
by Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
by Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 am

Share | 

Dominic Santos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dominic Santos

RP Reward Points : 38

PostSubject: Dominic Santos   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Santos, Dominic

D.O.B: 28/04/1980
      STREET ADDRESS: 218 14 Mile Road, Apt. #47B
      TOWN/CITY: Detroit
      STATE: Michigan
      HEIGHT: 6’2”
      WEIGHT: 179 lbs.
      ETHNICITY: Filipino
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: I have a small, round birthmark on the side of my right eye.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

I am applying for an open Security Guard position.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I swore an oath while entering the police force that I would protect the citizens of Detroit, but I noticed that my hometown isn’t the only place in need of this. Recent events have made me realize just how much safety and security is needed in psychiatric hospitals, and I pledge to do my part to maintain these ideals in your institution if hired.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I feel that I am not only qualified, but well-rounded for the position in question. I served as an officer for eleven years in Detroit, which is notorious for its level of crime and unrest. My experiences ranged from simple traffic control to gang violence and drug busting, so I like to believe that I’ve seen nearly everything. On the other side of the coin, I spent most of my life raising my younger sister Emeline, who has been diagnosed with and medicated for depression and anger management issues. She was very recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder at age twenty-two. Through both of these experiences, I know how to calm a hysterical or violent patient and have the capability to restrain when necessary.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I graduated from the academy and entered the Detroit Police Department in 2001 at the age of twenty-one, where I am currently.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

Aside from the skills I learned in uniform, I have experience working and connecting with mentally ill individuals through being the primary caretaker of my sister for many years- this became legal when I was twenty-five. I am also fluent in Tagalog and proficient in Spanish, although much of this is slang as opposed to formal- this was vital in understanding the language of the gangs.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I have not, but I have quelled potential incidents with those diagnosed with mental disorders in both my professional and personal lives.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

The Detroit PD was and is my first career, aside from working manually laborious jobs as a teenager. I served as an officer until two years ago, in which I was promoted to Sergeant. I am responsible for overseeing a small unit of officers aside from the same duties described below. I am a subordinate to a line of superiors, which range from Lieutenant to Chief.

Common situations in which the DPD is responsible for intervening and that I have participated in solving include: arrest, raid and undercover work in gangs and drug rings, burglaries, arsons and murders. On the less ‘action-packed, skewed-young-boy-fantasy’ side, but still just as serious, my team and I have dealt with domestic abuse and potential suicide cases- I was usually the one calming hysterical victims or distracting scared and confused children from the traumatic events they had to endure. Unless the victim was afraid of men- in this case, I would leave that responsibility to a female officer.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

The work I have done with the Detroit PD in terms of calming panic-stricken or suicidal people and restraining in the case of violence mirror what I would be doing in your institution of hired. I feel that I am more than prepared for what the job description entails.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Patient, Protective, Level-headed, Insightful, Responsible

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

Exercise is my main de-stressor- specifically, running and strength training. In the past, I have entered local MMA or boxing competitions to blow off steam.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

A few negative traits include that I appear aloof or scary when I’m actually not, I tend to be a bit over-protective of those I care about and I have a sarcastic and dry sense of humor that throws people off sometimes.

On the positive side, I’m emotionally balanced, understanding, and a trustworthy enough person that friends or acquaintances seem to tell me things that they wouldn’t necessarily tell others… without me having to ask.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I would have never institutionalized Emeline- she could have gotten back on her feet with my help and outpatient care, as always. If Damien hadn’t

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

This depends entirely on the well-being of the patients. I was taught in both my professional and family life that a superior should never be challenged. However, if that same superior, for whatever reason, wanted me to endanger the lives of the patients or staff in any way, I would both hand in my immediate resignation and look to the local authorities to deal with the situation accordingly.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

Alert our superior immediately. Behavior of that sort is not to be tolerated- in both the police force and the military, it is strictly enforced that an individual will not only follow the rules, but ensure that others do as well.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I was born and raised in Detroit, so I knew from the start how the city works and how dangerous it can be. I have a brother named Damien who is two years older, and a sister named Emeline who is ten years younger. All three of us were raised by a single mother who emigrated from the Philippines when I was newly born- as a result, she had three menial jobs because of her lack of education and solid grasp on the English language and was rarely ever home. We were ‘the latchkey kids’ and were expected to handle ourselves. Damien and I don’t know our father. Emeline was from a different father, but we don’t know him either because of the circumstances surrounding it- our mother was raped. Damien and I made a pact as kids that we would hunt him down.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

These were limited because much of my free time was spent caring for my sister, but the friends I had cycled with what position I was in. High school relationships ended after awhile and were picked up by co-workers from the low-wage jobs I worked. Those were replaced by fellow officers once time and silence cut ties with my former co-workers. I had occasional drinks with the members of my unit- they seemed to like me because my style of leadership was more collaborative as opposed to predominately commanding.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

This has everything to do with family, at least initially. There was conflict in my family on who would take care of Emeline- we knew our mother wouldn't live forever and Emeline would need constant care. My mother, of course, was still working and had planned to run herself into her grave so that it wouldn’t be just Damien’s and my own paycheck on the table.

Damien went into the Army two years after he graduated high school, saying that he would earn money to send back home so that Emeline, my mother and I could survive and she could get services for her disorder. From then on, Emeline was supported by both mine and my mother's paychecks- she worked three jobs, and I worked two, so we were able to sustain ourselves and pay for services for my sister.

Damien's promised money came sporadically over time due to my brother’s irresponsibility and disregard for our sister’s well-being, so I learned quickly that working two jobs with a landscaping company and a junk yard was insufficient- I had wanted to join the military, but I refused to leave Emeline, who was in and out of out-patient programs constantly; I was all she had because our mother was never home, and had never been home to begin with. I wanted to stay local while still doing the job of protecting, and the Detroit PD fit the bill.

As I became more established in the force, my mother grew increasingly more ill. She eventually did what she swore she would and died supporting her family- I was twenty-five years old when I became Emeline's legal guardian, and I made enough money to support the both of us.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

I was never a member of the Armed Forces, but I am currently a Sergeant in the ranks of the Detroit Police Department in Detroit, Michigan.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

The dynamic between Dom and his siblings was very painful and complicated. Damien and Dom never really had a good relationship, because Damien dealt with the stress in the family by getting into trouble and truancy- Dom was the responsible one because if he wasn’t, no one would have been.

Since Damien was never really in the house, it had been Dom’s responsibility to take care of Emeline from the time she was born because their mother was always at work or sleeping between shifts. As a result, Emeline’s then undiagnosed borderline had made her ‘split’- she loved and adored Dom but was hostile towards Damien, who in turn, pushed her away more. The two brothers frequently got into fights about Emeline because she would often violently attack Damien- Dom claimed that it was all a part of her disorder and should be understood while Damien said that Dom had spoiled her and was justifying her actions.

Fast forwarding to Dom’s vague answer in the ‘what would you change’ question: This is the reason why Dom is looking for work somewhere far away and is not caring for Emeline anymore.

Emeline was in outpatient therapy under Dom’s guardianship. It became clear over time, however, that she was in need of long-term inpatient care, when she made her first suicide attempt at age twenty-two. Dom was caught in the middle- he could take his sister’s therapist and Damien’s advice and institutionalize her… but he knew that it could lead to Emeline taking it as abandonment, something she feared more than anything else.

He ended up hospitalizing her after the attempt, and she had done as he feared. When Dom came to visit Emeline soon after her intake, she started screaming at him that he had become Damien and had sent her away because he didn’t love her. Dom had tried to explain that he didn’t abandon her and only did this because she wasn’t getting the help she needed, but she wouldn’t hear any of it- this marked the first time that Dom’s words had no effect on her.

In response, she launched herself onto him and started beating him, to which Dom restrained her in self defense. When the orderlies had found him on top of her, they immediately called the police. When Dom explained himself to his superior, they knew the nature of the situation and did not put it on his record. But he was not allowed contact with Emeline and was barred from walking within one hundred feet of the hospital.

He is applying to Hallowsgate to get away from Detroit, but also to spiritually care for Emeline by protecting the patients of Hallowsgate.

Your Nickname: Tash
Your Chatango Screen Name: wtfitsTASH
Your Character's Playby: Derek Ramsay

Last edited by Dominic Santos on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havoc
Admin

RP Reward Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Dominic Santos   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 am

THIS APPLICATION IS PENDING

This application is currently pending. Below, you'll find the reasons for this pending notice. If you wish to continue the application process, please follow the points laid out below by a member of Hallowsgate's staff.

• Dominic is almost ready to patrol the halls of Hallowsgate! However, there are a couple of points we’d like to address first and get them cleared up. Never fear! We shall point you in the right direction! Very Happy
  • The first point we’d like to address is that we feel Dominic’s backstory needs some tweaking. As it stands, his sister is currently 22 and has had BPD since early childhood. However the DSM doesn’t recognized Borderline Personality Disorder diagnoses until the age of 18, as it is extremely hard to pinpoint the symptoms in children. Even if she were showing symptoms, she most likely would have been diagnosed with depression and placed on medication. Also, her suicide attempts would have warranted a permanent stay in an in-patient care facility
  • The next pend is that we feel the guardianship topic needs to be touched on. Dominic, at age 18, isn’t financially stable enough to care for the wants and needs of an eight year old. At the time of his mother’s death, she most likely would have been sent to live with the next of kin or become a ward of the state, until Dominic could financially support Emeline, and he’d have to fight for custody through the courts. Even with the brother's sporadic contributions, it wouldn't be enough to support both Dominic and Emeline, and due to the brother's active military career, it would be highly unlikely that he would be granted custody of the child.
  • Thank you for sticking through this far! It’s not too heavy of a pend, just a few minor adjustments, and Dominic will be ready to use his grit and determination to help keep Hallowsgate safe! Smile

Please reply to this thread once you have edited your application, to let us know, and a member of Hallowsgate's staff will review your application again at our next possible convenience.

This app was reviewed by: Nebby and Havoc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dominic Santos

RP Reward Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: Dominic Santos   Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to look it over, you two. <3 I appreciate it! Smile)

Le Edits:

• Mommy Santos lived much longer- long enough to work three jobs to support Dom and Emeline in addition to Dom's two jobs. She died conveniently right as Dom was an established police officer and could financially support his sister.
  • Emeline was not diagnosed with borderline right away, but instead, was medicated and treated for depression and anger management. She was diagnosed with borderline at her intake at the institution.
  • Emeline's suicide attempt to get her into the hospital in the first place is now her first one, so her issues were toned down to fit into out-patient care.

If there is anything else I need to fix, let me know! Thanks again!

Sarcastic - Straight - "Parent" - No nonsense - Guarded
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nebby
Admin

RP Reward Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Dominic Santos   Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:12 pm

SANTOS,DOMINIC

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Security Officer
    DEPARTMENT: Facility Security
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. Cyril Darling
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Rathen House Apt. 12

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dominic Santos   

Back to top Go down

Dominic Santos
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Staff Files-
Jump to: