Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Amelia Bowman Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Amelia Bowman

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amelia Bowman

Amelia Bowman

RP Reward Points : 21

Amelia Bowman Empty
PostSubject: Amelia Bowman   Amelia Bowman EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:31 am

Amelia Bowman Logoeyf

Bowman, Amelia

Amelia Bowman Ymqvt

D.O.B: 11/02/1982
      STREET ADDRESS: 1800 Round Hill Road Apt. 411
      TOWN/CITY: Charleston
      STATE: WV
      HEIGHT: 5'6"
      WEIGHT: 125lbs
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: I have no tattoos and the only my ears are pierced.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

I'm applying for the activities coordinator position.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

After six years at the Charleston Rehabilitation Center (CRC) I felt that I needed a change of pace. I love my job and the city but one can only grow so much if they stay in their comfort zone. Hallowsgate seems like it would bring me new challenges and new experiences to learn from.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I feel that I’m the best candidate because I have spent my career working with those suffering from addiction and illness. I have been the activities coordinator for CRC for four years and I feel that this experience will help me help the patients of Hallowsgate. My degree allows me host some of the activities as well, therefore allowing me to have a better understanding of the patients and their needs in their day to day.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I have my masters degree in psychology from the University of West Virginia in Morgantown.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

As a psychologist I have more of an insight to the needs of the patients. I can interact with them during activities and set of their schedules with their unique needs in mind. I am also CPR certified should a patient need basic medical attention.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

Yes, at CRC, although I did not live on site.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

I have been employed at the Charleston Rehabilitation Center for the last six years. The first two years I worked in reception but became the activities coordinator four years ago. It was my job to schedule the patients for regular activities that would keep them stimulated and engaged.

Prior to working at CRC I worked in a local coffee shop.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

As the activates coordinator at Hallowsgate I would use my skills to set up a functioning schedule for the patients to ensure they are kept occupied, but not just busy. I feel that the activities they are scheduled for should benefit their recovery and that simply sitting them down with silly putty for an hour isn’t answer for all cases. I also hope to get the staff involved in some activities as well to aid in building a bridge over the patient/staff divide.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Patient, hard-working, creative, kind, and dedicated.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

I organize when I'm stressed. It's sort of a work habit but if I start feeling overwhelmed I like to get things in order.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

Three negative traits would be that I can get hung up on minor details, I’m overly analytical and often criticize myself more than I should, and when I’m really focused on a task I have a tendency to micromanage.

Three positive traits would be that I like to think I'm easy to talk to, I'm very efficient with my work, and I I'm fairly well grounded.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I fell out with a friend not long before I left CRC and I wish I could have mended the rift between us. However, we are still not speaking and it does hurt to think we may never again.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would have to respectfully decline. If it costs me my job then perhaps it was time for me to find new employment anyway.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

As much as it would hurt me to learn that a friend was doing such things I would have to report them. Not only could they seriously injure someone but they could get me fired as well if our superiors found out that I knew and did not report them.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes, I would.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I was born in Charleston but moved out to Washington DC just before I started school. My father got a better job and a commute that far would have been too much for him and the rest of the family. I must admit I was never really fond of the area and always looked forward to visiting relatives back in Charleston but it wasn’t horrible. My family still lives in the DC area although I believe my older brother is looking to move back out this way soon.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I had many friends growing up and I’d even go as far as to label myself popular. I was never the cheerleader but I got along well with a lot of people. As far as relationships go I’ve had a few but never anything serious. I’ve never been married.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

At first I wanted to be a therapist, to see patients and have a practice of my own. After I got out of school I went to work at CRC in hopes of establishing myself and perhaps working for them later on. After two years in reception and applying for other jobs around the facility I took the position as activities coordinator and it stuck. I could still work with patients but I felt that I could make more of a difference this way. I wasn’t a body hiding behind a desk and a notepad. I was the woman with paint up to her elbows helping with the group art project.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

I have never been a member of the armed forces.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

I have never abused controlled substances.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

I have never been convicted of a crime.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

The details surrounding Amelia’s “friend” have been left out but they are worth mentioning. This friend, Adriana Clarkson, is why she’s applying to Hallowsgate after all. The two met in college through mutual friends and after they graduated the two moved to Charleston where Amelia is from. What she left out was that they were more than friends. Amelia and Adriana dated for eight years, right up until a few months before she quit her job, but it wasn’t a picture perfect relationship. Adriana’s life circumstances had her up and down a lot which lead her to drink. One day she would be on the ball with her head in the game and the next would blow off work to get drunk or high in their shared apartment. Amelia did her best to cover for Adriana, hoping to help her along, but she could only take so much. Adriana refused real treatment and would become even more irritable when she suggested she check herself in somewhere. They broke up and Adriana left the apartment, disappearing for a few weeks.

But Adriana’s drama was not over. She started showing up drunk at what was now Amelia’s apartment, either blaming her for everything that was wrong or begging her to take her back. If she managed to get inside the apartment she would steal any money she could find or would just trash the place out of spite. The final straw came when Adriana turned up at CRC. She had been arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct and as a repeat offender was sentenced to time in rehab. At first Amelia thought she could handle working for the center and seeing her ex every day again but she just wanted that part of her life over. Adriana had caused her enough grief over the years and work was always the one place she could go to be away from her. Now that she was there too Amelia decided to take the long shot and see if any other hospital was accepting applications.

Your Nickname: Nebby
Your Chatango Screen Name: TinyNebula
Your Character's Playby: Hilarie Burton
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Admin
Havoc

RP Reward Points : 18

Amelia Bowman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amelia Bowman   Amelia Bowman EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 am

Amelia Bowman Approvedk

BOWMAN, AMELIA

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Activities Coordinator
    DEPARTMENT: Facility Staff
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. Cyril H. Darling
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Rauthen House 01

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down

Amelia Bowman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Staff Files-
Jump to: