Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Benjamin Graham Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Benjamin Graham

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Benjamin Graham

Dr. Benjamin Graham

RP Reward Points : 43

Benjamin Graham Empty
PostSubject: Benjamin Graham   Benjamin Graham EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Benjamin Graham Logoeyf

Graham, Benjamin

Benjamin Graham Mv5bmji3mdcwmjcznl5bml5

D.O.B: 02/23/1963
      STREET ADDRESS: 11 Birchwood Drive
      TOWN/CITY: Hampstead
      STATE: NH
      HEIGHT: 5'11
      WEIGHT: 158lbs
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: I have a significant scar on my right outside thigh resulting from a gunshot wound and the resulting procedures to have the bullet removed. I also wear glasses for reading mostly. I do not have any tattoos or piercings, miraculously.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

I am applying for a Psychiatrist position.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I have been working as a clinical Psychiatrist in New Hampshire for the past couple of years, but due to downsizing in the department, I am looking for other positions to fill. I have a strong desire to do some real good and to help others, patient and staff alike, and feel the best place for me is within a hospital setting, where my experience and drive is most needed. I am also looking forward to the potential to work in another more rural location, as I prefer the solitude of the countryside over the bustle of a large town or city.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I have, by now, a considerable amount of training and experience under my belt, I think. I'm very rational to react to possibly tense or dangerous situations, and am very comfortable both in an inpatient hospital setting, and out in the countryside. This really does sound like the ideal position for me, and I would be eager to get settled in and start doing some good.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

Yes. I am a board certified Psychiatrist, having earned my necessary doctorate at Boston University some years ago My residency was also stayed in Boston. Prior to my medical and psychiatric schooling and residency, and the following employment by the Central Intelligence Agency as a consultant psychiatrist, I was a Major and medic with the Second Light Infantry Batallion of the 75th Ranger Regiment, US Army.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

Some of my psychiatric training from Boston University has been added to over my years working with the CIA, and I have picked up a few less orthodox skillsets. As a part of my further training with the CIA, I have extensively studied the subject of body language and what we call 'microexpressions', a skill which was required for some of the work I was doing. Once picked up upon and assimilated into the rest of my training, watching for these subtle cues has become an unavoidable habit. I do feel it helps me read the intents and emotions of my patients more easily however, and to usually predict outbursts before they happen, so that the situation can be difussed before anyone gets hurt. Though not necessary for this position, it should be noted that I have security clearance with the United States government.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

My current employment position is as a full time clinical Psychiatrist at Hampstead Hospital, a private inpatient and outpatient psychiatric facility.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions and responsibilities there:

As mentioned above, I am currently employed at Hampstead Hospital and looking to relocate, with department downsizing imminent. As one of the facility's psychiatrists, I hold therapy sessions and manage the medications and daily activities of a number of patients assigned to me. I also facilitate communications between patients and staff, as well as family members, and can work in an administrative capacity as well, as far as seeing to necessary paperwork goes. I am quite happy to spend a great deal of time at work, as I find trying to help others very fulfilling.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I think they will aid me greatly. Between my clinic experience, my work with the Intelligence Agency, and my military background, I feel like I'm a very level-headed sort of person and highly adaptable to change and unpredictable situations. I've seen a lot of things I'd rather I hadn't seen, over the years, and I do think this gives me some ability to empathise with where some of my patients are coming from, and to understand them better. Over all, I do feel qualified enough to say that a position as Psychiatrist at Hallowsgate would suit me well.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Easy-going, grounded, focused, adaptable and engaged.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

I've had a lot of different methods over the years, including some stress relief methods taught to me by a military psychologist after I returned to the US from Kosovo. The most effective for me at this point is really just taking some time off to wind down with a television show or some music. I admit that at times I can still be a little high-strung, but I am managing it much more effectively these days.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive:

As far as negative traits go, I know I can be stubborn and pig-headed sometimes, particularly when it comes to myself and my limitations. I'm a bit of a neat freak, which could be a negative or a positive depending on who you ask, and I can be a little authorative at times, which might be a residual effect of my time in the military.

On the plus side, that time in the military and the intelligence agency after that has taught me to be adaptable to all situations, and to expect the unexpected. I have a strong work ethic and a will to do good, and I might consider myself easily approachable most of the time.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

There are lots of things I would probably change if I could, none of which I can speak about.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I'd work on either negotiating a compromise we could both be comfortable with, and if a resolution couldn't be met, I'd decline to complete the task if I really felt that strongly about it. I've spent too much of my life compromising my own morals, and it's not something I'm proud of. I won't allow myself to do that again.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would approach them about it and request that they stop the offensive actions immediately. Failing this, I would report them.

If your application for employment to Hallowsgate Hospital is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to talk about any treatments or the patients with anyone not also employed by Hallowsgate Hospital?:

Yes.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Worcester, Massachusetts, with my Father, Mother, and younger brother, Michael. My Father was also a military man, so we did spend some years at various bases in the US, and it was a coin toss whether he would be home or not, some months. But he encouraged me to follow in his footsteps, and at age eighteen I enlisted in officer's training school. After this, I was enlisted in the 75th Rangers Regiment of the US Army, as a trained medic and infantry Major. I spent six years enlisted before I was shot during deployment in Kosovo. I actually returned home for a year after this, to recover, before beginning schooling. Over all, childhood was good though. I didn't have many problems and was always pretty focused.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I never had much trouble making friends when I was younger, and had a specific group of other kids that I spent a great deal of time with, when we were home in Worcester. Nowadays my social life is a bit thinner on the ground as I do tend to focus on my job mostly. I was married for a couple of years, about five years ago, but with my work obligations, I wasn't able to invest as much effort as I should have to keep things running smoothly. Since then, I haven't really pursued a meaningful relationship, though I've dated on and off. I am actually glad to see that your facility houses staff on-site, as I'm hoping this might better allow me to form some real social connections with like-minded people.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

There are a few things that influenced my decision both to become a psychiatrist and later to apply that training and experience to an actual facility setting. My time in the military, and the hardships I overcame following it were an influencing factor, certainly.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

Yes. Major with the 2nd Light Infantry Batallion, 75th Rangers Regiment of the US Army. I served as infantry and medic.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

Abused? No. I am partial to a drink now and then, and smoking is a habit I picked up in the Army. By now I've cut down quite a bit and smoke, at most, a half a pack a day.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:

There's a lot of stuff that Ben doesn't and can't talk about. Mostly, what he's glossing over is the time he spent working in a psychiatric capacity for the CIA. His already high clearance, military record, and schooling are what made him the ideal candidate for the position, and at first he was happy to be working there. Over the years however, he started to become uncomfortable with some of his assignments, and after a few months spent consulting at a detention camp, he decided he couldn't do the job any more and that he'd lost track of why he'd decided upon a psychiatric career in the first place. He has participated in a few things he's not proud of, and he doesn't like to talk about it, and can't besides.

After being discharged from the Rangers due to traumatic injury, he suffered for a year with some pretty substantial PTSD symptoms. Those still rear their ugly heads from time to time even now, compounded by some of his actions and travels during work with the CIA. He likes to keep his days and his environment very structured now, feeling it helps with that, and has been described as neurotic and a little controlling, particulalry by his ex-wife, who left him because he was "married to his job".

Concerning his mention of being pig-headed and stubborn, Ben is used to being active and doing things for himself from a young age, but he struggles still with pain in the leg in which he was shot. He is supposed to use a cane when it gets particularly bad but he's too stubborn to do it, and often over-exerts himself and makes matters worse. He hates feeling hindered by the limitations of his body and hates feeling incapacitated by it. He doesn't take medical advice very well, obviously.

To clear up his timeline and avoid any confusions, here's a quick list of what he has done in the past and where he's been.

-Ages 18-22: Officers Training School (Included his Medic training)
-Ages 22-28: Enlistment with the 75th Ranger's Regiment, including a number of tours mainly in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
-Ages 28-29: Recovering from injury and partly recovering from PTSD at home
-Ages 29- 39: Pre-med, med school, and psychiatric residency complete in Boston
-Ages 40-46: Working as Psych consultant to the CIA, including travel to detention camps and the middle east. Divorced at age 44.
-Ages 47-49: Present day, working at Hampstead Hospital after returning to new England.

Your Nickname: Ghost
Chatango Screen Name: GhostDeliverance
Your Character's Playby: Eric McCormack

Last edited by Dr. Benjamin Graham on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zillah
Admin
Zillah

RP Reward Points : 27

Benjamin Graham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjamin Graham   Benjamin Graham EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Benjamin Graham Approvedk

GRAHAM, BENJAMIN

EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Psychiatrist
    DEPARTMENT: Psychiatric
    IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dr. Sean Whalen
    APARTMENT NUMBER: Clairvaux 2

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!
Back to top Go down

Benjamin Graham
Page 1 of 1