Hallowsgate Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTE: Dear members and guests, in order to view the rest of the boards, you will need to log into a user account. We hate to have to do this, but unfortunately it's a matter of one (banned) person spoiling things for the rest. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Introduction for New Members
Advertising Section
Plot
Face Claim
Who Plays Who
Canon Ghosts
Character Creation
Rewards
Staff Positions
Staff Housing
Patient Dormitories
Therapist Roster
New Patient Information
Wanted Ads
Open Threads List

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Xavier Institute: Year VIII
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

» Mystical Land
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 am

» The Impending Board Move Character Keepers List
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Maksim Rakhmanov Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

» the wicked
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm

» Jude Rose
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Nebby Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

» All The Academic Things!
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Nevaeh Valentine Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

» The Kill Factor |An Original Supernatural Creatures RPG
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

» Survival of the Fittest. AU season 7 SPN.
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

» Some Pig [Charles]
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Charles Barker Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am

» WICKED, a supernatural/smalltown rp
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm

» Open Threads List
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

» We Are Unbreakable (Open!)
Jonah Gallagher Emptyby Dominic Santos Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Hallowsgate Hospital,
1507 Slaughters Creek,
Cabin Creek, WV

RPGCollection
RPG-D

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 am

Jonah Gallagher

Go down 
+3
Dr. Cyril H. Darling
Nebby
Jonah Gallagher
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonah Gallagher

Jonah Gallagher

RP Reward Points : 22

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:32 am

Jonah Gallagher Logoeyf

Gallagher, Jonah

Jonah Gallagher KBs6J

D.O.B: 10/31/1983
      STREET ADDRESS: 294 Willow Drive
      TOWN/CITY: Owl Creek
      STATE: Colorado
      HEIGHT: 5 feet, 7 inches
      WEIGHT: 140lbs
      ETHNICITY: Caucasian/European
      DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Tattoos; Two triads on his arms, a red glyph on his inner wrist, “Provehito in Altum” on his shoulder/clavicle. Plenty of scars. Back and sides are laced with various scars, arms are dotted with burn scars.

Do you have any ongoing medical issues for which you require treatment or medication?:

Not anymore. I mean the occasional sinus infection

Are you aware of any allergies? If so, please list allergy, age of onset and any medications or treatments you require or recieve:

No allergies at present, but you know, they can develop at any point in time, so I’m not guaranteeing shit for you.

Have you had any surgeries or invasive procedures in the past? If yes, please list reason and approximate age of procedure:

I had my appendix taken at when I was 12.

Do you take any medications or supplements daily? Do you follow any treatment plans? Please list medications or treatments, and reasons below:

Nothing really on a daily basis.

Do you use tobacco, consume alcohol, or use any other drugs including street drugs and/or prescription medications not prescribed to you? If yes, please list number of packs a day, number of drinks a day, and/or drugs consumed below:

No.

Please describe, to the best of your ability, your emotional and mental state of wellbeing:

Oh, I’m happy doc...or alteast I should be. I would have been a happy guy. Grown up normal with my older brother. Woulda met that girl in high school that made my heart swoon and had a bunch of kids, but looks like whatever God you pray to didn’t have that in the cards for me. Bastard. But I’m peachy.

Have you been diagnosed with any psychiatric or psychological ailments? Please list any diagnoses below, and the treatments or medications prescribed to you. Please include name of medications, dosage, and number of doses per day:

I’ve been diagnosed with Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder resulting in Intermittent Explosive Disorder and a case of sexual sadism. Though that last one...I dunno bout that boss, most the girls I’ve been with...they enjoy that kind of thing. Divalproex for the explosive disorder though I hate the way it makes me feel. Once in the morning, least thats what the last hospital gave me.

I also suffer from night terrors. Thanks to a vivid imagination, I have vivid dreams, and most of them are about Papa Gallagher.

Have you ever been hospitalised or referred to regular outpatient care due to these ailments or associated incidents? If so, please note where, and at roughly what age:

I’ve been Hospitalized off and on since I was 22. Permanent at the age of 27 because I nearly killed a guy for stepping on my sneakers in McDonald’s. Asshole shouldn’t have scratched my nike’s. Anyway, after I bashed the guy’s nose in and tried to order my burger, I was placed under arrest and deemed a danger to society, but not mentally stable. Oakwook Medical Center in Owl Creek kept me for half a year, transferred me to Denver Rehabilitation Center, and they transfered me here. Scared some orderlies...

How have these ailments affected you and your life? Are there any major life instances you feel have been directly affected by these ailments, such as suicide attempts, criminal activities, etc?:

Oh my life is peachy Doc, I don’t get why everyone wants me here. Okay. I’ve got four cases of Assault and battery cases, one with an attempt to kill. So I guess I’m a danger to society. Any little...thing...ticks me off. Guess that Divalproex doesn’t work as well as it should.

I’ve also been on suicide watch more times than I can count. It’d be easier, you know, if I could just end it all. Death would be an adventure in and of itself and couldn’t be any worse than my hell.

What is your social life like? Do you have many friends or relationships? How are your family relationships?:

Last family I had I lost contact with when I was 17, and good fuckin’ riddance. Relationships? I loved only one woman, and she was taken from me. Man named Gary murdered her for 5 dollars and a pack of cigarettes. Guess that was the tippin’ point. Since then...the occasional woman, though not since I was hospitalized.

Do you believe your life circumstances have contributed to any ailments? If so, what circumstances, and why do you feel they have contributed?:

You really wanna go there? MY entire life lead to this. I woulda been happy, and I told you that earlier. My mama died when I was 4. Daddy dearest blamed me. Married some hooker. Age 6, He started lockin’ me up in a closet because I was too rambunctious. Age 7, he started smotherin’ me with Chloroform when I wouldn’t go to bed when he said so. Age 8, I was too loud, so daddy beat me. He once locked me up for a whole week in the dark because I didn’t eat my supper because I had a stomach virus. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. it’s a miracle I didn’t die. It felt like I would though. Dad was smart, always made sure I was hit under the collar. I had a few burn marks, and if I had a cut or something, I fell. I was skateboarding at home. Anything. Keep it under the radar.

If you could change one past event that has happened to you, what would it be, and why?:

My hesitation on pulling the trigger on my father.

Do you wish to rehabilitate from your ailment(s)? If so, how do you feel this would best be accomplished?:

Do I wanna be like I am? I’m a fuckin’ monster to society...and I kinda like it. I don’t have anything left goin’ for me. I dropped outta high school, and have no chance of going on.

Where did you grow up? Please list the location(s) and describe what it was like growing up there:

I was born in Dublin, Ireland, spent 2 years there, moved to the states. Lived in Owl Creek, Colorado until I’m looking at you now. Well I did do a stint in Denver but I only saw the city twice on the rare occasion I got to leave the facilities. I hated where I lived.

What was your family life like? Did you spend much time with your parents? Do you have any siblings? If so, what are your relationships like?:

I told ya already doc, My dad was father of the year, my mother dead, and that hooker my dad married...well she was just that. A hooker. Did more than diddle her husband and her clients too. I have a brother, Shane. Haven’t heard from him since I bolted at 17.

What was school like? Did you have any problems? Did you enjoy school? What were your grades like?:

I rarely went to school, when I did, I was pretty smart. Made decent grades. Kept to myself though, because if someone got the notion of what my dad did to me, well, my dad would have strangled me to death. Trust me, he threatened me every day before I caught the bus to school. My dad would send us to school enough so we wouldn’t get busted for Truancy. I mean I did alright. Hell, it was the only thing stable in my life, school would always be there. My favorite subject was history, I used to want to go back and live in the 1700s, fight in the war. But My family’s from Ireland, we wouldn’t even be over here.

Did you engage in any extracurricular activities, such as academic, artistic, or sporting clubs?:

I can play guitar, taught myself.

What was work like? Did you have any problems? Did you enjoy your work? What were your coworker relationships like?:

I did little jobs here and there. Carpentry was my favorite, something I was good at. Made a decent amount of money. Didn’t have too many coworkers, unless you count that Mexican Javier. He helped me out when I had to do roofing. Javy never did anything to me. Good man. Took care of his own.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime or misdemeanour? If yes, please explain, list conviction, and list any sentences associated with convictions:

Assault and Battery. My sentence...well here I am.

Lastly, please tell us about yourself. How do you feel about yourself and what you have done with your life? If you have committed crimes, how do you feel about those now? What are your hopes for the future?:

I have a hopeless future, and that’s all you need to know.

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know.:
Jonah has a lot of backstory. I put some of it in the app, but that was literally the tip of the iceberg. He was sexually molested by his father’s wife on more than one occasion, and sometimes by some of her clients. He had a girlfriend at one time, and she was indeed murdered for what little change she had on her and a pack of cigarettes, and she was the only thing holding him together. She was the glue to his puzzle pieces. When she died, he felt as if nothing else mattered, and all the pieces fell apart. She was the only one patient enough with him to help him through his episodes of explosive anger, and his depression. Truly he is a happy individual between episodes, but his episodes happen so often. He hasn’t encountered his brother Shane in some time, and doesn’t know if he is living or deceased.

Jonah’s C-PTSD came from his severe abuse as a child. From the physical of beatings, being locked up for hours if not days, to the sexual abuse (which lead to the sexual sadism), to the emotional, dealt form his father wearing him down on a regular basis that he was the cause of his mother’s death. He was the reason she was sick and tired. She was the reason she gave up. Jonah was the reason for everything. His father lost his job, Jonah’s fault. The large blue eyed boy, whose innocence was stripped of him too soon, was the brunt of everything. This caused him to, later on in life, dissociate from people. Isolation was his protection. Even isolation from himself, as if he were putting up a wall in his mind to block out the memories.

Sexual Sadism began to play a part before his girlfriend, and then again, afterwards. His girlfriend was the only one who stabilized him. He still had bouts of depression associated with C-PTSD and bouts of reliving some of the episodes, however, she had the patience of Job with him. She was the one individual he never wanted to harm. Before and after her, however, everyone he had intimate relations with, he wanted to hurt. It stemmed back to the sexual abuse he received from his step-mother. Sex, to Jonah, isn’t something he wants others to enjoy, he wants others to feel the pain he felt. And it thoroughly turns him on to see the pain in the other’s eyes.

His sense of helplessness came along around the age of 9, 5 years after the abuse started, 3 years after the physical abuse began. He felt as if there was no way out. He used to go to sunday school before his mother died. He stopped praying to God for help, because God wasn’t coming. There were no guardian angels. There was no God.

Your Nickname: Bear
Your Chatango Screen Name: hollowedhavoc
Your Character's Playby: Jared Leto

Last edited by Jonah Gallagher on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nebby
Admin
Nebby

RP Reward Points : 14

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:23 am

THIS APPLICATION IS PENDING

This application is currently pending. Below, you'll find the reasons for this pending notice. If you wish to continue the application process, please follow the points laid out below by a member of Hallowsgate's staff.

• So I have to begin by saying that I'm really liking where this character is going. He's pretty awesome and I think he'll do well with us. However, he needs a few adjustments before he's accepted to the haunted halls of Hallowsgate. A kid with Hemophilia in that kind of life would sadly not survive. Any internal bleeding the dad or brother didn't see would be fatal and there's every chance that he would have died before they even knew he had it. I recommend dropping it because it just doesn't suit the back story Jonah currently has.
  • Straight up: Jonah's dad is a dick. However, I'm worried the level of abuse he's receiving might be tad over the top given how teachers and doctors are with child abuse. If he's attending school at all or is going to the hospital for these injuries social services would have gotten involved and Jonah and his brother would be in foster care. That's not to say it doesn't get missed but if his ear is being cut off or his ribs are showing someone would notice. I recommend toning down the physical abuse, maybe making the dad smarter about where he hits him and what he does so that he doesn't need medical attention. After all, the worst injuries don't have to be physical.
  • Could you please expand on Jonah's C-PTSD a little more? It can cause violent outbursts but he isn't showing the other symptoms associated with the disorder. We need to see the loss of control he felt, the loss of sense of self, if he's having flashbacks or night terrors. Just give us a little more as to how the disorder effects him in his day to day. Also, the sexual sadism will need to be explored. We need all the gritty details on it. If not, then it should be taken out.

Please reply to this thread once you have edited your application, to let us know, and a member of Hallowsgate's staff will review your application again at our next possible convenience.

This app was reviewed by: Nebby and Ghost.

Back to top Go down
Jonah Gallagher

Jonah Gallagher

RP Reward Points : 22

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:12 am

Edited Smile
Back to top Go down
Nebby
Admin
Nebby

RP Reward Points : 14

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:29 am

Jonah Gallagher Approvedk

GALLAGHER, JONAH

DIAGNOSIS(ES): C-PTSD, Intermediate Explosive Disorder, Sexual Sadism
    WARD: Male
    DORMITORY: 06
    BED: 01
    THERAPIST: Dr. Cyril Darling

OOC - BEFORE YOU BEGIN PLAY

Before you begin play, you must complete the few steps listed below:

Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the pertinent patient handbooks and other in character information that you'll need to reference for play, and have fun!

Back to top Go down
Dr. Cyril H. Darling

Dr. Cyril H. Darling

RP Reward Points : 117

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:45 pm

THERAPIST REASSIGNMENT

Date: 06/15/2012
    Attending: Dr. C. H. Darling
    Diagnonses: C-PTSD/IED/Sexual Sadism

Notes: Mr. Gallagher is henceforth reassigned to the roster of Dr. F. del Bosque.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Cyril H. Darling

Dr. Cyril H. Darling

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 am

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 06/20/2012
    Attending: Dr. F. del Bosque
    Session With: Dr. C. H. Darling
    Session: Group Therapy

Therapy Notes: Today's session consisted of a role-playing game. The purpose of this game was to force a version of considering the feelings, thoughts and worries of other people, via having to conceptualise and portray a pre-made character based on only a few notes about them written on a note card. Jonah received the card of Billy, who has major depressive disorder, and suicidal ideologies.

Jonah didn't seem terribly happy about the role-playing assignment for group today. His introduction as Billy was mumbled, but hard to pinpoint as the identity on the card or Jonah's reluctance. The first round of questions from Dr. Smith did show that Jonah was not paying much attention to the group after all. His efforts to answer as Billy were offhanded, though he did so eventually. After questioning, he returned to ignoring the rest of the group. Future therapies should certainly raise attention to his ability to connect to and assess others in order to build better connections and healthier relationships. The second round of questioning recieved much the same sort of reply. He was much distracted, but was able to answer as Billy, even if it was with something of a gruff tone not suited to the identity. He was much livelier once it was apparent to him that the group was over, and i remain unsure as to whether he really understood the message of the group or not.

Additional: N/A

Follow-Up: I would certainly recommend at some point touching on the subject of being more attentive and responsive to others, if he hopes to achieve realistic and healthy goals in life. His disregard for the members of the group and the efforts they put in was a little disappointing, and something that could and should be worked on.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Cyril H. Darling

Dr. Cyril H. Darling

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 am

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 25/06/2012
    Attending: Dr. del Bosque
    Session With: Dr. C. H. Darling

Therapy Notes: The purpose of today's group session was to discuss the subject of relationships, and what each individual considers as healthy in a relationship, and what is considered unhealthy.

During introductions, Jonah said he liked the food at Hallowsgate. He seemed fairly comfortable today, if a little reluctant at first. He was chosen to start off the group by talking about what he thought a healthy relationship was. He said it would consist of trust and getting along, and stated that friendship was a necessary element. He seems to have formed a friendship with Bruce Goddard, his roommate, which I think may prove benficial to both, in learning to cohabitate with others again. Before we could get to the second round of questions, the session was derailed in part by oppositional and flippant behaviour from Tallulah Black, targetting the subject of the group and Marius Eriksen, and then the results of an errant ball game in the hallways, resulting in the ball striking the girl. The group was dismissed.

Additional: Monitor relationship with roommate.

Follow-Up: I leave this to the attending doctor's discretion.

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 am

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 30/06/2012
    Attending: Dr. Felicia del Bosque
    Session: Individual Therapy

Therapy Notes:
This is my first session with Jonah, and since the topic of family has already been breached I will touch on it once softly with him in this session and continue to do so in the future. Jonah arrived on time and seemed a little anxious or uncomfortable, I'm assuming because I am a woman and his relationship with his stepmother was unpleasant.

He enjoyed the pool party, complained of having a sunburn on his back, I'll ask a male nurse or orderly help him over the next few days take care of that. He mentioned Juli (ette Devereaux) and Bruce (Goddard) as people he spent time with during the pool opening.
He said his relationship with Bruce was fine, and they get along well, lightly mentioned nighttime issues. Jonah mentioned not sleeping well and I decided to press a little further into it, his reply was evasive and incomplete. At this he walked around the room a little which I allowed, he needs movement and the subject was getting uncomfortable for him. when he did answer eh said : 'Kinda hard to sleep when you're suffocating in a closet and dad's burning your wrists with lighters'-- I asked him if he ever had a time/place when he could sleep undisturbed he stated first In a grave . Jonah took to the guitar books enthusiastically, sitting on the floor as he read them, he seemed to relax a little with something to focus on as we talked, it seemed to quiet his Figditing considerably. He admitted the guitar is something he takes pleasure in as an escape. We ended the session on that note as he ran out of time.

Additional:
There are some topics I never got to as our time ran out, so I will put them here as future reference
- Family, I want to start with his girlfriend, and then move into his brother, stepmother and finally his father.
-Behavior in previous group session, emphasis on empathy.
-Have medical staff look a this sunburn.
- He's allowed to take out two books on music theory and guitar tablature from my office [both are soft cover]
-Naturally, his anger/emotional regulation issues.

Follow-Up:
As always, going easily on volatile issues [family, girlfriend, previous outbursts]
Is a must, also I'm going to look allow him access to his guitar in the music room exclusively. He is not allowed to access the music room alone or take the guitar out.
Eventually I'll ask him about the sock staking, he almost ran into a wall on the way out of the session.

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 pm

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 29/06/2012
    Attending: D. Felicia del Bosque
    Session With: Dr. Sean Whelan

Therapy Notes: Jonah enter without a word, taking his seat and keeping quiet. When asked to give his name and to tell me something about himself he said that he played guitar. The topic was family and at first Jonah was upset, snapping at me shooting the idea of family down. He said it was an illusion and that it would fall apart sooner or later. I asked him what made it fall apart, expecting to get another smart remark, but he did answer at length. He gave me a list of things that cause families to fall apart which included death, infidelity, children, alcoholism, distrust, and children. He went on to focus on death, saying that I should start there as to causes for families falling apart.

Jonah spoke out later while I was asking Howard Faust questions and I asked him to wait his turn. When I came back around to him and asked if he had something to share he declined. So I proceeded with the original question I had planned to ask which was about death. I asked him if he considered people who have died to no longer be family. I was aware this wasn't exactly what he meant but it did get him talking. He said that losing a loved one "turns homes into a pit of hell." He went on to say that families will cut you down and tear you apart and lie to you about how it's for your own good.

Additional: Obviously the death is blamed for Jonah's family issues and I feel it is an important topic to focus on in future therapies. Despite being riled up about the topic he spoke openly about his feelings toward it and had enough of a grip on himself to not lash out. I see this as an improvement considering the nature of his disorders.

Follow-Up: Continue with therapy as scheduled and see how he progresses.

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 am

No correspondence from James and/or Thalia Gallagher is to be delivered to Jonah. No exceptions, All mail from his father and stepmother should be placed in his file. I will handle discussing the content of these letters with Jonah in Individual sessions.

Jonah Gallagher wrote:
This letter is directed to one Jonah Gallagher, the return address is Owl Creek, Colorado

Jonah Gallagher LdIvo

Dear Jonah,
Oh, it took some time to find you, Jonah-boy. Alot of coercion from other people, I should say. I'm not entirely sure why they are trying to keep me from you, I am your father, after all. Your lawyer was especially adament that I do not contact you but I do miss your company son, and all that it entails. It's such a shame that the girl you were dating passed on, but I guess that is par for the course with you. From your mother to that girl, well you should have seen it coming to be honest. Your mother says hello, and wishes you were here. She misses how hard of a worker you were. You remember Caleb? That school teacher who would come see your mother? He sends his regards, he misses you too. We all do.

We are grateful that you are getting the treatment that you needed though, it takes the burden off of us. It is a shame that such a tragedy would fall on our family, however, I expected it from you Jonah. I didn't discipline you enough to strengthen you. I was too soft on you as you were the baby, and it would have been what Claire wanted. But it seems that I have failed.
Perhaps you would not be in this situation had I had been stricter on you. None the less, it is your decisions and your actions that have put you in this place and it is your job to get yourself out of it all. It is your fault your mother's business is failing slowly. If you were here, if you had not left and dropped out of school, you could have made something of yourself, you could have made us proud, and yet you have yet to do so. Though it is to be expected of you Jonah, you were always a bit of a let down. Just as Claire was. Atleast Shane has made us proud. I hope this letter reaches you well, Jonah.

We truly do miss you.

All of Our love,

James and Thalia Gallagher
Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 10/07/2012
    Attending: Dr. Felicia Del Bosque
    Session With: Dr. Felicia Del Bosque

Therapy Notes: The subject of today's group session was belief and perception/assumptions we associate with phrases, people and institutions. The questions were: "What comes to mind when you hear the word belief?" and then a choice of answering either "what do you believe in?" or "why don't you believe in anything?" The Perception half of group was never reached.

Someone gave him furniture polish for the bottom of his socks as Jonah sailed past the therapy room before catching himself and entering the room, he saved a seat fro Bruce by putting his feet over one of the empty chairs beside him. Jonah's response to the first question included a thread to Angela because her answer came before his, he went on to say Believing in God is for "fools and politicians. But you wanna know what belief means to me? I believe shit happens, and we have no control over it." While it was not a debate about religion or faith, the session was derailed before the second round in part by proselytizing and disruptive behavior from Angela [Armatt] Church along with arguing between Angela and Darren Cirillo over the subject of the session and religious belief. At the point I condensed the session into an either or with the last question of the first round Jonah responded "I believe like Bruce, what I can see. I believe things happen and we cant control them, but shit's gotta happen for a reason right? I met two friends here, that has a purpose right? But I don't believe in a higher power. If he existed, then we're all here for his shits and giggles. But I dont believe in anything like that" after which the group was dismissed.

Additional: I think Jonah and Angela should not be an anymore group session together if it can be helped.

Follow-Up: I will begin to address his anger soon, and I'm going to hold off mention the letter from his father and step mother for a little while.

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:24 am

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 15/06/12
    Session With: Dr. Sean Whelan

Therapy Notes: During today's session Maksim Rakhmanov was sitting in, to potentially host his own sessions in the future. The topic was Fear and my aim for the session was to have Mr. Rakhmanov lead in with the introductions and ask a few questions and I would handle some of the more volatile patients.

Jonah seemed to be a bit down when it came in but responded to Mr. Rakhmanov when he asked if he was okay. He said that he was fine and he did answer when asked his name. Jonah seemed tense after the topic was announced and when I asked what he was afraid of he replied 'eat me' and that he would not answer. I decided to clarify that he could tell anything that scared him and asked once more. Unfortunately Jonah lashed out, getting up from his chair and attempted to throw it at me before storming toward the door. I caught the chair before it hit myself or anyone else but Mr. Rakhmanov stepped in his way, attempting to keep him from leaving. I asked him to step aside and did listen before Jonah hurt him.

Jonah was escorted off to seclusion.

Additional: Fears seem to be a sensitive subject for Jonah and should be explored in individual therapy, although with caution. I also recommend a medication change for him should his out bursts continue.

Follow-Up: Jonah will remain in seclusion until he has calmed down, at which point he'll be taken back to his room. Individual therapy to discuss the fears is my recommendation.

Back to top Go down
Maksim Rakhmanov

Maksim Rakhmanov

RP Reward Points : 66

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:59 am

THERAPY NOTES

Date: June 24th, 2012 ((On-going thread until now))
    Session: N/A

Therapy Notes: I ran into Jonah by accident when he was craftily trying to escape the recreation room for the music therapy room. I followed him on the account that the orderlies didn't seem to notice him leave. When I entered the room, he was playing the guitar, so engrossed in it that he didn't hear me come in, at least not initially. He seemed really calm- he shook my hand and told me his name without distrust. We talked in between him playing sporadically, about him teaching himself, music and the fact that he didn't know how to read music. He offered to show me how to play a few chords when I admitted that I didn't know how to play before an orderly came and escorted him back to the rec. room.

Additional: I made an on-the-whim comment on how the sounds he creates are essential to his survival, and he replied with: "They are."

Follow-Up: The guitar seems to really help Jonah calm down, and even take down his guard- I read his file before, but almost doubted that the man I was seeing was who it said it was because of his level of tranquility and trust. I'm not a doctor, but I suggest letting Jonah play the guitar whenever he's upset or when nothing else is working- he seems to really benefit from it.

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:18 am

. GROUP THERAPY REPORT .

Patient: Jonah Gallagher
    Date: 31/07/2012
    General Topic: Self-Image and the Perceptions of Peers
    Therapist: Dr. G. Bjorgen MD

Pre-Therapy Notes: Jonah Gallagher shows a history of abuse and neglect during childhood years, possibly resulting in or simply contributing to a noted case of Intermittent Explosive Disorder that has not resolved with age. From the rather sparse notes on his file already, I have not detected any occurences of Complex Post-Traumatic Stress related behaviours, or of Sexual Sadism, but I suspect this case requires more observation to establish a real behavioural baseline. Further more, I see note of Mr. Gallagher being permitted to slide down hallways in his socks. As this is a notable health and safety hazard, I would firmly recommend that the wearing of shoes be enforced at all times, for the safety of both the patient and those around him.

Behavioural Observations: Mr. Gallagher arrived, showing very little interest in participating in the group, and only reacted to social interaction when approached by Juliette Deveraux. As far as I am aware from their files, this association is a growing trend, and should be monitored, as it may prove counterproductive to Deveraux. She was asked to relocate to another seat.

Therapy Report: Mr. Gallagher showed little interest still throughout the rest of the group session, though he answered when questioned how he was feeling about himself at this moment in time. He explained that his self perception varied from useless, to 'psycho', to slightly contributing member of society. He said his current perception was between psycho and useless, and I went on to ask him why he felt this. Mr. Gallagher replied that his perception was greatly influenced by what he had been told for much of his life. I asked if he felt he could overcome this and he said that he hoped so, but expressed worries on whether it was possible. I assured him that I felt it was, and then dismissed Mr. Gallagher, Mr. Daines and Miss Miss Devereaux from the group due to rising tensions in the dynamic.

Additional: I have high hopes for Mr. Gallaghe'sr -who prefers to be called Jonah- progress. he is aware of the obstacles he faces. However, he should be instructed to wear shoes or slippers daily, and any sliding in the hallways should be halted. if he is seen without shoes or slippers on, he should be taken back to his room immediately to put them on.

Dr. G. Bjorgen

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:45 am

THERAPY NOTES

Date: 8/13/2012
    Session With: Dr. E. Solange

Therapy Notes: Today's Therapy session is an attempt to help people start to pull down the things that seperate them from peers, working on peer-to-peer relationships using physical "masks" as a representation of the "masks" we hide behind day to day.

Our first question was simple: Write down on a piece of paper One thing that makes you happy. it can be anything. Jonah's answer was: Music

We then launched into a discussion while we began to work. Our starting conversation was to say something about ourselves and then compliment the next person speaking.

Jonah replied: "I'm..Jonah..and " (pause) "I'm from Colorado...and... And I'm learning to read Music...and...Ash is a really patient teacher."

Second/Last "question": So what is something new and positive you have found since coming here? Jonah's reply was "I've learned that cafeteria food isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be"

Additional: Jonah came in very unhappy, he seemed to relax when he noted Mr. Guinaud and Mrs. Devereaux in the group he seemed to relax more. A casual banter between Mr. Guinaud and Mr. Gallagher seemed to help relax the situation and he became more involved though he did not paint his mask something about it seemed to distress the patient. However there seems to be a natural element that exists with the boy with the others around, I would suggest that the relationship with Mr. Guinaud seems to be taking a nice mentor/student role and seems to be helping the boy's social interactions.

Follow-Up: I would suggest an individual therapy with the patient very soon. Something seems to be weighing on his mind as more than a passing matter.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Benjamin Graham

Dr. Benjamin Graham

RP Reward Points : 43

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:43 am

Dr. Benjamin Graham wrote:

Aug. 18, 2012

Group Participants:
    Ezekiel Tadesko - OCD/MDD/DSH
    Jonah Gallagher - C-PTSD/IED/SS
    Marius Eriksen - HD/SM
    Preston Whitmore - B-PD/SM

Therapy Plan: Group Therapy today was an icebreaker session, consisting of a number of small activities geared towards getting everyone to know each other a little better and feel easier about sharing in a group. It also served the purpose of getting the patients to connect to, and think about how the other members of the group perceive them versus how they perceive themselves. Activities consisted first of a string activity, where patients picked at random from a selection of various lengths of twine. For each time their chosen string could wrap around their index finger, they were asked to share one fact about themselves with the rest of the group. After this activity, we moved on to a superlative exercise wherein each patient was to write down a descriptor about themselves in relation to the rest of the group. There were to include a descriptor about the other members of the group too, afterwards. Once these were written down, we went around the group and everyone was asked to read out what they had written about themselves, and then the rest of the group were invited to share what they had written about that person. Lastly, before the session was dismissed, each patient was asked to identify with any book, and the responses noted, to be discussed later with their primary therapists, or expounded upon in another group session.

Group Observations: Today's group went very well. The over all atmosphere was a light and friendly one, with Jonah Gallagher providing a great deal of creative amusement, which helped the group to loosen up and relax as the session went on. Jonah appeared reluctant about the session when he first arrived, a sentiment which seemed to be shared by Ezekiel Tadesko as well. Marius Eriksen seemed mostly unperturbed about attending the session, while Preston Whitmore's entrance was open and friendly. Ezekiel particularly hesitated over the idea of joining the group at the table, but was able to do some with the encouragement of an invitation. He remained clearly anxious for a lot of the session, though he was able to relax more towards the end. All in all, everyone proved to be a pleasure to have in a group session, and I am interested in connecting with this group of people specifically for future sessions, as I feel we made a lot of great progress on opening up to one another and beginning to trust each other. Pending approval by the Head of Psychiatry, I would like to take this group into Cabin Creek for the afternoon, to relax and mingle more in a less clinical setting.

Session Report: All of the activities we participated in today seemed very well received by all members of the group. Beginning with the string activity, everyone was able to share facts about themselves with the rest of the group quite freely. Most of the sharing during this activity was of a fairly impersonal nature, stating preferences of hobbies, places of origin, and other notable traits such as being smokers. A notable answer out of the group was Preston Whitmore's final fact, in which he shared his sexuality with the group by announcing that he 'likes guys'. This admission was met with some shock from the rest of the group, though no-one showed a perceptible negative reaction to it. Marius Eriksen did exhibit more notable interest in the fact, as might be expected, but no disruptions were made following it. In order of shortest string -and the least amount of facts having to be shared- to the longest string and the most facts shared, the progression was as follows: Marius Eriksen (2), Jonah Gallagher (3), Ezekiel Tadesko (4), myself, with five, and finally Preston Whitmore (6).

After the string activity, which served as a beneficial icebreaker all around, we moved on to the superlative exercise noted above. Again, a number of the replies were fairly impersonal, which is to be expected from an activity like this, where patients are encouraged to describe the other members of the group. Generally speaking, Ezekiel Tadesko's replies felt exceptionally generalised, as he chose to comment on the condition of his own hair as well as the hair of other members, in general observational terms. Jonah Gallagher added an air of creative whimsy to the exercise, helping to lift the spirits of everyone involved by fashioning unexpected descriptors for the other members of the group, generally referencing pop culture, or playing on words. For instance, he referred to Ezekiel as Elton John, which he attributed to Ezekiel's piano playing. As with the exercise before, I participated in this one also, and answers about myself generally focused on age and education, as I had expected they would, having drawn attention to the fact earlier in the session. it was my hope that by being open about my age, being as it differs greatly from many of our patients, it was a factor that could be down-played and eliminated from the equation when it comes to bonding with the patients under our care. Insofar as I can note, the tactic appears to have worked well, and I was generally accepted as an equal member of the group.

After the superlative exercise, and prior to dismissing the group due to time constraints, I asked each patient which book they would be, out of any books they could think of. Jonah Gallagher replied that he would be a colouring book, which I find very interesting. I would encourage his therapist to explore this thought further, as I believe a colouring book is a great metaphor for a person who is able to change their habits. A picture in a colouring book is not yet finished after all, and may be completed and shaped into many things. Preston Whitmore was not able to pinpoint an exact book, equating himself instead with the general genre of 'coming of age' novels. I would certainly consider raising this topic with him in an individual session also, as it suggests to me that he may feel as if he is still undergoing change, or is still on a journey to becoming a whole person. Ezekiel Tadesko answered that he would be Alice in Wonderland. I also find this a fascinating metaphor because to me it suggests that he might find the world around him rather confusing or overwhelming, perhaps along with the people in it. It suggests he may still be trying to make sense of his surroundings and his place within them. I will be talking to him about this more in our next individual session. [Further notes on Zeke continued at bottom of page.] Marius Eriksen's book of choice was 120 Days of Sodom, by the Marquis de Sade. The association seems fairly straight forward, given his nature and the associations in the book. However, I think it could be an interesting point to raise with him, to see if he is aware of the abject violence and torture -as well as murder- in the book. My thoughts on the matter focus on whether he is more attracted to the idea of such a thing, without considering the finer details of it. I relate this to his association with Mr. Black, and question whether he has fully considered the violence committed against him, or wether he is glossing over the details and repressing his reactions to them due to an attraction to the over all whole.

Additional Notes: I am planning a field trip for tomorrow afternoon, pending approval, so that this group can spend more time interacting and building social and trust bonds outside of a clinical and constrictive setting. I feel the ability to unwind in a more natural setting will help them to build more motivation to actually work towards their goals of living away from institutions, and functioning in the outside world. Or if there are no goals, I hope that by experiencing the outside world in a controlled and safe manner may help to establish some. A full report on the field trip will be attached to their files and handed in to the head of psychiatry, should this appeal be approved.

Additional Notes, Ezekiel Tadesko: After the conclusion of our group session, it was obvious to me that Ezekiel had questions or comments for me. I asked him to stay behind for a moment, informed him that I had replaced his primary therapist, and invited him to ask me whatever questions he had. He immediately asked is he could have his hand sanitiser back. I did allow him a small bottle of non-alcoholic hand sanitiser, under the proviso that he would follow the guideline of using only one drop per each hour of the day. He was told that he could skip hours and save the drops for moments when he felt he needed them more, such as before or after meals, counting the hours skipped and using the corresponding number of drops. At first, he seemed hesitant about the deal, but seemed to agree to it after some further encouragement and explanation of my goals for him and my belief that he is capable of directing his own fate. I also stipulated that he must be willing to work with me in therapy session in order to retain this privilege. He was told that I wanted to begin pushing him out of his comfort zone in a safe and controlled manner, and that I wished for him to share his thoughts and feelings with me openly. I am generally optimistic about Ezekiel's case, and feel that he is fully capable of rehabilitation. Orderlies and other facility staff should monitor the use of his hand sanitiser carefully, but do not interfere. I am eager to see whether he can follow the guidelines, and go from there.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Benjamin Graham

Dr. Benjamin Graham

RP Reward Points : 43

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:15 am

Dr. Benjamin Graham wrote:

Sept. 04, 2012

Individual Therapy:
    Jonah Gallagher - IED/C-PTSD/SS

Therapy Plan: Today's session is touching base again after our earlier field trip. I'd like to establish some possitive goals for Jonah, things to work towards and focus his attentions on. I'd like to discuss his clear interest in music, and otherwise assess his current mental state after mention of an episode out in the North Wing. There are notes that Jonah doesn't seem to pay much attention to others in group therapy sessions. I will address this today as well.

Therapy Observations: Jonah seemed more depressed today than he had during our field trip. He was a little disaffected upon entering, and seemed to have some trouble really focusing, though he did participate in our session. He is somewhat fidgety, and I think some more structured activity in his life might help him with this restlessness and lack of focus. Given this restlessness during the session, when the subject of music was broached, we decided to relocate to the music therapy room so that Jonah could play his guitar while we talked. He was notably more relaxed once we were there, tough he initially did not want to play. Jonah tensed again when we touched on the subject of the North Wing, showing clear anxiety on the subject, and relief when I did not dismiss his claims about the events which unfolded.

Session Report: We started off the session with some pretty general talk about how Jonah was feeling today. He said he was alright, but he seemed disaffected and a little depressed in his answer. I asked how Jonah was feeling about Ashley Guinaud's transfer back to Louisiana, and how it was affecting him, and he was a little lacking in his answers, though he did note that Mr. Guinaud was teaching him music theory, and had left him some lessons in a notebook. Touching on his low self esteem, he also added that he was probably 'screwing up'. We naturally progressed to the subject of music from there, and after discussing including the guitar in therapy sessions in the future, we decided to move to the music room then. Once Jonah was settled with the guitar, he seemed a little more relaxed, and I touched on the subject of his episode out in the North Wing. He was reluctant to discuss the matter with me, and when I asked him why, he said he didn't want to think about it. I reminded Jonah that I couldn't help him if he didn't talk to me about what was bothering him, and he replied wth irritation, saying 'you would have run too.' He admits that he got scared, to which I responded in turn by asking him what scared him. What Jonah admitted to me was a very specific attack on his person, by a man he fid not recognise. He reports being locked in a room with a large table in the middle of it, and threatened with what I confirmed - by drawing on the white board- was a lobotomy pick. I believe he may have been in the old medical wing, or treatment wing. At this time, I have no reason to disbelieve his story as a hallucination or as falsified, and will be conducting a full sweep of the North Wing to assure that no-one is squatting out there. Jonah has said he has felt anxious and had trouble sleeping since then, particularly when he is alone, and when the lights are out. I am permitting him to have a night light installed in his dormitory, next to his bed, and it is not to be turned off or removed without my express permission.

There are a number of planned topics that we didn't get to discuss today, due to our talk about his episode in the North Wing. Once he is more settled and getting adequate rest, we will move on to these other topics, and start establishing some activities to keep him focused and occupied.

Additional Notes: Do not force Jonah to wear shoes or slippers if he does not wish to. He is clearly struggling with some depression at present and a little leeway should be afforded him. He should be encouraged to return to the music therapy room as often as he wishes, and observed while he is there. Do not leave him alone in the room. I will also be working on arranging some more structured activities for Jonah during the day, to get him active and encourage more focus and expending of anxious energy. I'm not convinced that his current course of medication shows any noticable, positive benefits, and am recommending the sessation of it, with behavioural observation to follow. I'd like to start from scratch, if medication is required.

At this time, however, I will be prescribing 5mgs diazepam before lights out, to aid in restful sleep and potentially lessen nightmares. An orderly or nurse on the night shift is to thoroughly check on Jonah no less than once every twenty minutes, to ascertain if he appears to be distressed or not. If he does appear distressed, he should be woken and calmed down, and I should be called to attend if he is not able to be consoled. I will be meeting with Jonah again in two days to ask how his evenings have been on the diazepam. He is sinstructed to find me or have someone call me at any time should he need to talk to me, or should he have any questions or concerns.

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Incident Report

Jonah was found outside in restricted area's. When confronted he bolted, and locked himself in the old projector room where he became extremely agitated and hysterical claiming that someone had tried to take his eye out but no one was in the room. I tried to possibly offer a comfort of something sweet but it only made him angry and he once more ran. I continued to follow him until we found ourselves in the graveyard. It took a bit for the patient to calm down, but once we were able to reach the understanding he was ready to come back and I knew the quickest route back to the hospital he returned willingly and handed over to medical for examination of injuries. There were minor lacerations on his hands consistent with broken glass.

Any further questions I'm happy to expand.

Nina Garcia

Back to top Go down
Zoya Ilyushin

Zoya Ilyushin

RP Reward Points : 69

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm

INCIDENT REPORT

Patient(s) Involved: Jonah Gallagher, Zachary Ward
    Responding Staff: Officer Zoya Ilyushin, Officer Dominic Santos

Incident Notes: Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Ward got involved in a physical altercation in their dormitory (Acute 6). Both men were beyond reason; from statements made during the fight, however, it is probable that Mr. Gallagher caught Mr. Ward rummaging in his possessions. By the time security arrived, both men were screaming that they intended to kill the other. Officer Santos arrived and aided Officer Ilyushin in separating the two men. Mr. Ward was taken to the hospital wing for treatment of his injuries; Mr. Gallagher was taken to Isolation, where medical staff was summoned to treat his injuries as well. Both men's psychiatrists were notified.

Additional: Mr. Gallagher was uncharacteristically violent. Despite his diagnosis of IED, he has not shown any violent tendencies since his admittance to Hallowsgate. During this fight, however, he threw Mr. Ward into the dresser, causing a head injury, and kicked both Mr. Ward and myself, as well as hitting me upside the head. He shouted and swore a good deal, repeatedly screaming at me to "fuck off." There is nothing in his file which would explain this behavior and it concerns me greatly.

Follow-Up: Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Ward should not be permitted to room with one another. At least one of them should be remitted to a room of his own. I also feel Mr. Gallagher may need to be moved to the Chronic ward from the Acute ward.

Additionally, Mr. Gallagher's therapist needs to meet with him as soon as possible. His new and troubling behavior is a matter of great concern. Whether Mr. Gallagher is showing new symptoms of a current diagnosis or displaying symptoms of an undiagnosed condition, it should be dealt with promptly.
Back to top Go down
Nevaeh Valentine

Nevaeh Valentine

RP Reward Points : 16

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:52 am

SESSION NOTES

Date: 17/12/2012
    Attending: Dr. Anita Forrester
    Session With: Nurse Neveah Valentine
    Session: Group Activity - Truth or Dare
    In Attendance: Jonah Gallagher
    Wren Cantrell
    Moria Hanley
    Luce Wagner

Session Notes: The entire session was centered around a game of Truth or Dare. An oversight on my part was that I did not place any rules down for what dares or truths were and were not allowed. The session started with Jonah [Mr. Gallagher] daring Luce [Mr. Wagner] to remove my shoes and socks without using his hands. Which he did with his teeth. It was Luce turn and he asked Wren [Mr. Cantrell] who choose truth, “Would you rather gain 100 lbs or leap from the clocktower?” Wren choose the leap and Luce tried to probe Wren into a deeper explanation. I had the session move along to Moria’s [Ms. Hanley] Dare which was to do the Macarena for a round, she did so and then she asked if I was afraid of anything, to which I answered bees (Not true) and asked Jonah, who had managed not to be dared to do the chicken dance for 15 seconds, in an attempt for everyone to stop making such emotionally high-stakes dares. During this time Jonah and Luce engaged in some mean spirited side chatter at Wren’s expense which I stopped quickly. Jonah dared Wren, "In a seductive voice, tell everyone in the group a turn on and a turn off", Seeing how nervous Wren became at the dare I offered to take two and allow Wren to skip the turn, which wasn't accepted. Wren did answered the he did not have any and asked Luce who chose Dare, and he dared Luce to "Give Nurse Valentine your best lap dance." To which Luce did, Wren was clearly mortified at the situation and Moria was dared by Luce to lick her own foot or Wren’s, she refused and I pointed out it was unsanitary, the dare was amended a kiss. Wren complied but became very upset and started to cry. I ended the session immediately and the group dispersed with Wren leaving first.

Additional: Jonah seems very mean spirited towards Wren, which from reading his application and subsequent patient notes seemed highly out of character form him. Especially the sexually changed nature of the side conversation he and Luce engaged in, Jonah calling Wren "A little soft" and Luce replying "More cushion for the pushin', sailor." I haven't interacted with Jonah enough to any anything more about his conduct but it seems unusual.

Follow-Up: I leave that to Dr. Forrester

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jonah Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonah Gallagher   Jonah Gallagher Empty

Back to top Go down

Jonah Gallagher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hallowsgate Hospital :: Hallowsgate Orientation - IC Information :: Staff & Patient Files :: Patient Files-
Jump to: